higher resolution bugs?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Kennedy

higher resolution bugs?

Post by Kennedy »

I read that higher resolutions are considered a cheat because the original game was designed for 320 by 200 resolution and that playing it on a higher resolution may have "undesirable" effects. You may consider making a "screen boundry" or something like that so that eggs, npcs, and other items, only become active when within the the regular 320 by 200 zone even though they can still be viewed outside the zone, but not interacted with. Maybe include an option that will draw a 320 by 200 rectangle or have the map area outside that area grayed out?
Colourless
Site Admin

Re: higher resolution bugs?

Post by Colourless »

Hmm, greying out is an interesting idea. Perhaps it's an idea for after V1.0

-Colourless Dragon
Telemachos

Post by Telemachos »

Uhm.. why play in a higher resolution if the extra graphics on the screen gets greyed out?

The idea about only triggering eggs in the middle 320x200 area is good though..

- Tele
Darkstar

Post by Darkstar »

Another Idea:

How about the ability to set up a larger black (or grayed out) "desktop" area where you can put gumps that you want to stay open? The Game window area would be in the upper left corner (for example) and to the right and at the bottom would be enough room to place the inventory gumps of your party.

--Michael
Kennedy

Post by Kennedy »

By greyed out I don't mean not visible, I just mean those areas appear in grayscale kind of like when you save, but you can still see them. The reason for coloring them in gray is so you know that they can't be interacted with.
fliptw

Post by fliptw »

fog of war.