ultima collection cd-rom help!!

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
tommy

ultima collection cd-rom help!!

Post by tommy »

hello , i am a big fan of the ultima's mainly black gate and serpent isle , my problem is that i am using Vista home edition , Seems my knowledge of DOS has pretty much left my head since windows came out. I have the disc Ultima collection , but seems that it won't work installing , its telling me to remove my ACTIVE Movie because its a newer version and the disc wants to install a older version , i really don't understand what that means and futher more i am dying to play the game but seems that it will take alot of work to play or install , So this makes me one sad Ultima fan.

hope you can help me get my journey onwards ...thanks!
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: ultima collection cd-rom help!!

Post by Dominus »

If you want to play it with exult we have a guide in the documentation on how to install from the UC... (basically you just copy the folder from the cd to the hard drive).
If you want to play the original use dosbox. Same install (copy from cd rom) but you run it from within dosbox. Read dosbox' excellent guides on how to use it. www.dosbox.com
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
monotremata

Re: ultima collection cd-rom help!!

Post by monotremata »

Yeah you dont even need to bother with the installers like Dominus said.
All those do is run batch files that copy the game folders over to your hard drive.

If you really wanna 'keep it real' you can mount the cd in DOSBox and run it there. Pretty sure it had a DOS installer as well..
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!