ultima 7

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
felix

ultima 7

Post by felix »

Hi

I really want to bring ultima7 to work on my mac OSX 10.3.9

and I dont know how.

can anybody help me?

thanks for your time

f
monotremata

Re: ultima 7

Post by monotremata »

Yeah update to 10.4 or stick with the older 1.2 release of Exult and follow the documentation that comes with it.

Were having enough trouble getting the snapshots to work on Tiger, no one is developing for OS 10.3 anymore..

I was technically since Im still on 10.4 but I could never make a static binary to share so Dominus has (rather awesomely) taken the reigns and hes developing on 10.5 and 10.6 so theres going to be no further compatibility with anything before 10.4..

As it is I think Im giving the poor guy all his headaches because Im the only one yapping about making it work on 10.4..

(going to finally get my Leopard disc back today though Dominus!!)
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

As it is I think Im giving the poor guy all his headaches because Im the only one yapping about making it work on 10.4..
:)
Actually you are helping me, I'm all for having a 10.4 PPC build as well, mostly just because it *should* work...
And it does, I'd only like to be able to make it work even better, which I can't for some reason :(

But back on topic, felix, as Monotremata writes for 10.3 you'd have to stick with Exult 1.2 which should work fine and has some instructions on how to use it. If you don't get along with those instructions, please feel free to ask for additional help.

OR you try to build it yourself but that might not work out so well, due to most of the needed stuff probably doesn't support 10.3 as well these days...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
felix

Post by felix »

hi ok thanks for now, i will try to figure it out with 1.2! and if i get stuck again i will contact you again..thanks a lot. cant wait to play