Does anyone have a complete archive of these fan comics?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Anon

Does anyone have a complete archive of these fan comics?

Post by Anon »

Hello all. I'm looking for a complete archive of the comics as found here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200611240102 ... COMICS.htm

As you can see, some of the comic pages are still there, however 2/3 or so are missing. Did anyone catch these while they will still up and download them? I found them interesting and wanted to read both the Black Gate and the Serpent Isle ones.
Natreg

Re: Does anyone have a complete archive of these fan comics?

Post by Natreg »

Sadly there is no place where you can find those as far as I know.

Even Dragon Press seems to be missing this comics.

Also, Serpent Isle was not finished. I think it only had 2 or 3 pages.

I used to have those comics (the Ultima ones), but the computer that had them broke a long time ago, and I don't think the hard disk still works...
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I have the BG comic somewhere... :)

... quick look...
I have a 81 pages pdf here that weighs 213MB, I guess only the cover is missing...
But I know I have it somewhere else, too, and also wrote the author once... let me see.... :)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Anon

Post by Anon »

Thanks for the info, guys. I found the author's email through the Internet Archive have been in contact with him. He directed me here:

http://www.lulu.com/content/livre-reli% ... -7/1857407

Apparently the comics are available in both hardback form and downloadable, however the download link leads into a page saying it's not available. :(
It seems he has gone on to become a career comic writer and said he would like to redo the series with his new skills, but isn't sure there's a big enough market for it now. Damn shame.
Anyhow, I'll let you guys know what I know as I hear it.

Thanks again and if anyone can put up a download in the meantime without much trouble I'd appreciate it immensely.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Forgot to mention, the download is supposed to be free on there. But again, it doesn't work.
SepiaAndDust

Post by SepiaAndDust »

Author: Anon (---.localdomain)
Date: 10-06-09 22:20

Thanks for the info, guys. I found the author's email through the Internet Archive have been in contact with him. He directed me here:

http://www.lulu.com/content/livre-reli% ... -7/1857407

Apparently the comics are available in both hardback form and downloadable, however the download link leads into a page saying it's not available. :(
It seems he has gone on to become a career comic writer and said he would like to redo the series with his new skills, but isn't sure there's a big enough market for it now. Damn shame.
Anyhow, I'll let you guys know what I know as I hear it.

Thanks again and if anyone can put up a download in the meantime without much trouble I'd appreciate it immensely.

Quick! Ask him if he'd draw us some new portraits! ;-)
torgus dragon

Post by torgus dragon »

Dominus, any chance you want to host the 81pg pdf you have. I'v never seen the comics and I am very interested.

Thx!
Torgus Dragon
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I don't quite dare to. These are Dam's property and even though that download was free, I don't want to infringe on his copyrights.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

ah, found it, I also have a 14MB version of this, with just the pages in an archive, also with the two covers.

@Anon, you are in contact with Dam, can you ask him if it is ok to offer this for download?
--
Read the Rules!
torgus dragon

Post by torgus dragon »

Yes please ask him!
Anon

Post by Anon »

I'll ask him for permission to upload those, sure. I'm not positive how often he checks his email or anything and I don't continually write him, so to say I'm "in contact" with him might not be the best way to put it, but he wrote me back on my last inquiry quite fast so I'm sure he'll reply eventually.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Hey all, a little update on this.

http://www.lulu.com/product/download/ultima-7/2223116

The download link I mentioned before is working again, you can find the full PDF there.
monotremata

Post by monotremata »

Is this in French??? Was just about to download it and then noticed the Language and Country things at the bottom of the page.
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Since the preview button shows you English text (and this 213MB pdf looks about the same size I already got in English) I'd say it is in English, though on the other hand I'm thinking in English on hwo to add much more English to this English sentence, but who knows whether English is the right English word to describe this English humbug I'm writing (in English).
--
Read the Rules!
monotremata

Post by monotremata »

Haha! Yeah it took forever to download but its in English alright!
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!