Bug: oh my god, dupre does the knight test, too! O__O

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Trevor_Clim (damn Log in)

Bug: oh my god, dupre does the knight test, too! O__O

Post by Trevor_Clim (damn Log in) »

hi guys :)
sorry that i dont use this bug-reporting-thingy, iam a n00b with this stuff, so please don't flame me!
and i dont use the latest exult version, i use exult1.1beta3 and i found a bug, that was so big, that i have to report it! i am not sure whether it was reported yet (you know the reporting-thingy...)

i started serpent isle, went over to Lord Marsten (strange: Dupre didn't appear!) and i went over to the knight test and suddenly there Dupre appears! I killed him at once, to go for sure, perhaps he has something to do with this betrayal in the caves of the knight test.
WHAT DOES HE SAY!?!? Shall we stock up our supplies with picking up the rats or what!?
painful

Re: Bug: oh my god, dupre does the knight test, too! O__O

Post by painful »

I am thoroughly confused..
-kel, ascendence.net
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

dont understand what the last line was, and the image is broken, but i think i get what he means... if you move fast enough you can avoid scripted events where people walk up to you ... like meeting with the Mayor of Trinsc at the beginning ofr BG, or, in this case, having the monitorian knights bring Dupre to you.

I think he said he talked to Marsten, asked to take the test, ran to the cave and went in... only to have the guards bring Dupre in after he entered.

It's one of the little things that need to be looked at, I'd say.. i'd like to be able to NOT run from Trinsc to midway in the swamp north of it before the Mayor decides to ask if i've checked the stables yet ;p
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

i'd like to be able to NOT run from Trinsc to midway in the swamp north of it before the Mayor decides to ask if i've checked the stables yet
If you con't cheat you won't be able to bypass that. Without talking to the mayor you are not able to leave Trinsic.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

A while back, I cheated past some of the early stuff in the original SI, and Dupre kept popping up everywhere, accompanied by a couple pikemen.
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

well then, i'd like to not be able to run all the way to the far gate before he speaks then :P
Ezric

Post by Ezric »

You could run away from the mayor lke that in the original, too, so I'd be inclined to say that isn't a bug at all, but rather a "feature". :)