Keys/scrolls changing quality

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Donfrow

Keys/scrolls changing quality

Post by Donfrow »

I am running across some strange issues with my mod as I make corrections. It seems keys and scrolls are changing their quality seemingly randomly when I have not touched them.

For example, have a key that is quality 20. This is on a NPC and I haven't touched this NPC in years. With some of my latest releases, it seems to now be quality 148. A similar thing has happened with a few scrolls as well.

I'm sure it's not truly randomly happening and I must be doing something that's causing it, but I haven't a clue what that may be. Does anyone know why this may be happening? I'm using SI, and all the original SI usecode is still in place for the most part, but I don't believe anything in SI changes qualities for keys? It seems to be consistent in terms of numbering; quality 20 became quality 148 and a quality 24 key became quality 152.

For the most part, it seems to impact keys most of the time, with the odd scroll here and there as well.

Anyone ran into this before or know what I may be doing that's causing this?
Knight Captain

Re: Keys/scrolls changing quality

Post by Knight Captain »

I have not seen this. Did you possibly introduce a key via Usecode that is above Quality 255?

The original game uses into the 200 range:
QUALITY_CATACOMBS = 203,
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

I haven't intentionally introduced anything about quality 255. I know for certain the keys in question that are changing are not keys that are generated via usecode but rather static keys in a NPC inventory.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

It's interesting they are increased by 128, which suggests the possibility of a change in the Exult code. Is this the same initgame.dat you've been editing for a while?
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

Interesting point. I never put it together that is was 128. The odd one about the scroll change is I think it actually went to 0 from something like 40, but will have to check to be sure.

I believe all of the mod files I've been using are at least from circa 2007 or so, but it's been so long I can't honestly remember .