Piles at edges of containers

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Crowley

Piles at edges of containers

Post by Crowley »

From what I have seen, this little oddity has been with Exult for quite some time. Sometimes when I open a container, all or some of the contents are in a pile somewhere at the very edge of the container. Sometimes I even see items in a spot where it would be impossible for the player to drop them. It's nothing gamestopping, just a little oddity. I'm not sure if it would be worth a bug report. I'm just hoping to hear some insight as to why this happens.
Michele

Re: Piles at edges of containers

Post by Michele »

I have also noticed it.
I have also watched it hapen when dropping an item onto the container in a pack while the container is opsn.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Any idea of when this happens? Seems like we've tried to fix this before, and we store the locations of the items so they should be in the same spot you left them the last time you opened the container.
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

I see this mostly when opening a container for the first time. I think I have also seen it happen at least once when I dropped an item into a character's backpack without opening it, but just placed the item on the backpack at the paperdoll.
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Looking for an example, one spot where this seems to happen reguralily is the hold of the Golden Ankh. At least for me the anchor is placed out of bounds.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Thanks! When I get back home next week, I'll take a look.