Menu is screwed in 9 Nov build

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Tenchi

Menu is screwed in 9 Nov build

Post by Tenchi »

I was just trying out the most actual build from 9 Nov., and when I pressed Esc to get to the menu, it's completely screwed and pretty much unusable! There's a brown box in the lower right corner and the buttons (without background) are somewhere in the middle. The buttons also mostly don't do what is written on them, but something completely different. I didn't have this odd problem with previous builds.
fliptw

Re: Menu is screwed in 9 Nov build

Post by fliptw »

working here.
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

Are you sure you're using the most recent data files? (ie. could you have accidently upgraded the binary, but not the data files?)
Tenchi

Post by Tenchi »

Yes, using all the most recent stuff for everything.
dizrkiez

Post by dizrkiez »

what all files do u need to download when upgrading the builds? i downloaded the alpha 5 release a few nights ago, was running smoothly til the save games kept crashing when i tried to load them. then last night i downloaded the binary snapshot and upgraded with it and it seemed to fix a lot of things. is there anything else i need to download? thanks in advance for any help..

oh and my menu's seem to be working fine, unless my resources drop after hours of playing (sometimes not even an hour of playing will cause them to drop). once i run low on resources the menu's tend to freak out.
-kel
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

Just the binary snapshot is fine. (it includes the data files)
dizrkiez

Post by dizrkiez »

thanks! :D
-kel