Changing Language on the INTROs

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
David - L@Zar0

Changing Language on the INTROs

Post by David - L@Zar0 »

This is a question:

How can i made to change the text of the intros/ends -- they really were in INTRO.EXE/ENDGAME.EXE files -- in Exult.exe? Only compiling again or hexa-doing?

Is there some text file to change that?

This is not a problem, but i like to put the original language, as BG and SI, without expansion were sold in Spanish, i like to see the intros in Spanish language, or other, if someone wants to translate Ultima VII to his language.

Regards.
DK

Re: Changing Language on the INTROs

Post by DK »

In the 1.4 version of Exult, there is exultmsg.txt in the data directory; it's a simple TXT with all the text from EXE. You can translate it.
Of course, if you want to translate all intro text, you must also edit (or replace) graphics data - those cyan writings when Moonstone are shape, file in mainshp.flx and endshape.flx (if I remember well).
David - L@Zar0

Post by David - L@Zar0 »

Ok, thank you. Tested and confirmed but I've seen another thing...

The first two subtitles in the intro works well, but after that, in the INTRO of SI, when the guard go into the chamber with LB, what is spoken does not is subtitled. Almost in the spanish INTRO.DAT.

Is there any form to do appear that?
David - L@Zar0

Post by David - L@Zar0 »

Using other DOS emulators it works (I belive because they are using INTRO.EXE, of course).
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

I don't think there currently is an option to always show the Subtitles in the SI intro but there probably should be, if not for translations, then for the hearing impared.
David - L@Zar0

Post by David - L@Zar0 »

Yeah, you are right. Disabling Speech enables subtitles.

Good point.

Thank you.