mod troubles

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
modnewb

mod troubles

Post by modnewb »

I've been over the documentation and forums and I am sure I've overlooked something simple but here is my question.

I wanted to start a new mod for Blackgate. I fire up Exult, and start a mod, but when I save it and restart a new game in Exult with the mod it doesn't start at the beginning of Ultima 7 with Iolo consoling Petre. It starts where ever I left of editing.

I know I am a newb at all this so any point in the right direction would be a great help. I found a great guide on starting a whole new game, but not much on mods. I can't help but feel something simple is eluding me.

Thanks in advance for any replies. Feel free to poke fun of me if I overlooked something in the documentation.
Andar_b

Re: mod troubles

Post by Andar_b »

You *are* using Exult Studio? I only ask because you don't mention it in your post.

I haven't begun any editing of the game world, only working on paper for my own mod. Just thought I'd reply.
modnewb

Re: mod troubles

Post by modnewb »

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am using Exult Studio. I've actually played with it in Windows and Ubuntu and get the same random crash. It's usually not a big deal I just restart Exult Studio and reconnect.

I did play around with an existing mod (Keyring) and when I make changes there, save it all, then go start a new game it starts from the beginning with my changes. I really feel like I'm just missing something simple. I have to work today, so I'll re-read the documentation ;)

I've worked out a lot of my mod idea on paper already. Ultima VII was the game that originally got me into computers. I remember spending hours making my own boot disk with custom autoexec.bat and config.sys menus. I was hoping Ultima VII would come through for me and reignite my passion for computing again. It's already got me using Linux, so far so good.