useless key?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
jessica

useless key?

Post by jessica »

In U7 BG: Does anyone know what the big gold key located at 111 South 27 West opens? It is on the floor of the log cabin on a little deserted island along with a few dead chickens, and some reagents.
MV

Re: useless key?

Post by MV »

Isn't it a copy of hooks key?
raven566

Re: useless key?

Post by raven566 »

No, it functions as a lockpick that never breaks. It can also re-lock anything that never had a key, like people's houses and random chests.
jessica

not-so useless key

Post by jessica »

wow!! thanks
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: not-so useless key

Post by Dominus »

It's called a skeleton key. There is also one on Serpent Isle but that is only availlable in a cheat room.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
jessica

Post by jessica »

The key has worked fine at locking doors. I locked the fellowship doors, and at nine the brainwashed dorks went through the wall! However, it has not worked so great as a lockpick. I tried to open a locked chest with it and it didn't work. it didn't say "pick broke" but it wouldn't open it either. When I used the real picks they always broke. this is the chest located on that little island where a few pirates and a mage have a little cabin up on the mountains.
sprodfish

Post by sprodfish »

there is a bag in the bottom right of the room
its mostly hidden so you can only see a tiny bit of it
the key to the chest is inside it
the chest is empty btw :P
sprodfish

Post by sprodfish »

i think you need the right key to open chests that need a special key to open them though
sprodfish

Post by sprodfish »

and doors it seems...
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

Yes, some locks can't be picked at all.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

As wjp say any lock you can't open with the skeleton key isn't openable with a lockpick. For those locks you need to find the one key that opens it...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Rigel

Post by Rigel »

Does anyone know what the key is for located in the chest of junk on the big black X in the north eastern part of the main continent in U7 part one? Whew! And whats the deal with that big black X?
Jon Miller

Post by Jon Miller »

If I remember correctly, the key in that chest of junk opens a chest in Serpent's Hold. Can't remember which one. And the deal with the X is that when you approach it, or maybe when you try to use it, the Guardian appears and says, "I am the Pagan Lord," backwards. Although for me, he just laughed. Is that what happens if you don't have sound installed?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

nah, sounds doesn't have anything to do with speech.if you hear him laugh you should hear him talk....
--
Read the Rules!