SI: list field pikeman gone

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
3D Master

SI: list field pikeman gone

Post by 3D Master »

Hi, I'm playing SI, and I've got a little problem. I want to fight Luther for Dupre's shield and train with the others, but the pikeman sitting at the desk that I need to ask is gone. One day he wasn't there, next day he still wasn't back.

Does anyone have any idea why he's gone, and whether he'll return? This is rather annoying.
Neutronium Dragon

Re: SI: list field pikeman gone

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

This is a known bug, and it's addressed in the FAQ.

-----

5.8. Where is the pikeman that lets you train in Monitor (SI)?

The pikeman that lets you enter the list field in Monitor sometimes disappears due to a bug in the game (even the original).
This bug occurs when you enter the banquet scene of Monitor. To avoid this bug, we recommend, that you approach the banquet hall from the right and/or double-click the entrance door to the hall when the party is standing very close to it.

-----

If it has already happened, then you'll need to reload to before the banquet.

Neutronium Dragon
peterphonic

Post by peterphonic »

So, I got this bug. Since that I don't have any savegames before the banquet, is there any solution? (I have around 8 hours of play, i don't feel to start over a new game :( )

- I read somewhere that going to another city for a while might resolve the problem. Is it true? I completed the main quest in Fawn and the pikeman still missing

- I thought that I should wait to have access to wilfred to get training. My party is around lvl 5 (iolo is only lvl one) Do you think it is possible to wait for wilfred? I don't remember if it is really far in the game to gain access to wilfred.

- Any other idea?

Thank you.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

You cannot get the pikeman back!
Doesn't help now but Exult has no restrictions on the number of savegames. Save often!
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I think there is a trainer in the Silver Seed part...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!