Vasculio Question

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Vasculio294

Vasculio Question

Post by Vasculio294 »

Okay! I like vampires!

Anyway... I added him to my party using the console cheats. But i made sure that the key wasn't on him when i added him.

My question is... if anyone can figure it out!

Why does the game crash when Vasculio starts saying "Back to the Pits" or some other famous line? I know he likes to says this from time to time in battle.

Is it the dialog itself that cause this?

Ps

In order to give the sprite of vasculio his portrait. Just save the portrait of him and paste it over the Order Serpent portrait using U7wizard.
I'll try this again and confirm later on.

What happens to the Order Serpent you ask! He has an invisble one.
Neutronium Dragon

Re: Vasculio Question

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

I don't know what the trigger is, but talking to him outside of his proper sequence (such as in the hall of the dead in the original) also caused a crash. Best advice is: Don't do that. ;)

Neutronium Dragon
Tristan de Inés

Post by Tristan de Inés »

If you like to have "vampires" in your party, why not change the shape of the Avatar (or any other party members) to that of Vasculio with Exult Studio?

But don't forget using the ritual bloodletting device and feeding your party with buckets full of blood every so often.
Michele

Post by Michele »

Your other option is to decompile and examine Vasculio's UseCode.
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

Author: Michele
Date: 06-29-05 03:53

Your other option is to decompile and examine Vasculio's UseCode.

Reply:
Id like too... But i have no programing experience! So the codes are are a mystery to me.
Uncle Rico: Napoleon, you know we can't afford the fun pack. What, do you think money grows on trees in this family? Take it back! And get some Pampers for you and your brother while you're at it.
Michele

Post by Michele »

Semi-mystry to me as well since i've yet to see one which can decompile into anything other than assembly. :s

Least we can make new usecode though. B-)
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

I stop using Vasculio after i made this post! He does the quotes that crash the game too often in Exult. But i like the fact that he had a paper doll, despite the fact that it was of the white female avatar.

I notice that the current Exult has improve ALOT!. The mouse especially. I'm also glad i can finally add npc's to my party.
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

Does somebody have a savegame from which one of those crashes is easily reproducable?
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

wjp.. just go try to talk to him in the house of the dead :P

im pretty sure whatever causes it there is the same thign causing it everywhere else...lol
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

I took a look and it doesn't seem to be a crash that happens; from my experiments (and from what I read in Vasculio's usecode -- as well as the usecode for vampires), what happens is that Vasculio sets the Avatar's DONT_MOVE flag and leaves at that. This is done by the 'vampire' usecode in Vasculio's case only -- but whenever the function is called, and for whatever reason. Be will bark "Ahhh, a victim...", followed by "Back to the pit!" and that is it.

It could be chalked up to a usecode bug; it is, in fact, a great example of what happens when you try to use a character for something it wasn't intended :-)
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

lol But do find it funny! I like to use his quotes on certain forums
Achile444

Post by Achile444 »

Yes Vasculio is sometime a Pain in the A$$ when you combat him to slowly, he freeze you on place (better not be in god mode in that case)