Resurrecting NPCs in party?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Mel C.

Resurrecting NPCs in party?

Post by Mel C. »

Yep, I know I'm not supposed to make random NPCs join my party...but it's so dang much fun.

I've been having a problem though with keeping those NPCs after the Banes are released (when I actually need them). They still seem to be in my party, but are gone from the actual game, and when I teleport to them, I only reach their dead bodies. Giving them back their HP doesn't bring them back and neither does the healer. She gives them their HP but they don't come back from the dead. I'm just curious to know what flag # I can set (assuming it is a flag, which it must be) to "un-dead" my party members. I've already played the game through twice, so this is just for fun.

I've gotta say that I really hate the banes plot device and always have. Even if Serpent Isle is full of clueless characters it somehow seems kind of #&$#*ed up to just slaughter most of them. Also the Silver Seed isn't nearly as cool as the Forge of Virtue, even though the keyring and reagent ring are great. I guess nothing really beats forging your own Demon Sword...

I do like the character portraits in SI. Big improvement from BG.
Ken Oh

Re: Resurrecting NPCs in party?

Post by Ken Oh »

I'm pretty sure that characters don't really have a dead state, they're just teleported to a certain room and replaced with a dead figure of themselves. Check someone who's dead using NPC tool, how about Lydia for example, she dies quick. I see her, #72, as not dead with alive with -50 health. I don't know much about the location and teleporting to a person, but I'm pretty sure what I have above is how it works.
Gradilla Dragon

Post by Gradilla Dragon »

Exult works different than the original games. If it's in Exult, once an NPC dies, it's gone from the world and you can't call it back.
- Gradilla Dragon
Ken Oh

Post by Ken Oh »

OH SNAP
Mel C.

Post by Mel C. »

Sorry guys, but that's way lame. Don't fix the FUN bugs, for heaven's sake!

;)

Guess I'll have to make do with Selina, though she isn't nearly as fun as Frigidazzi.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

I suppose we could change Exult someday so it works like the original. It just hasn't been a very high priority.