Dispel Field

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
lagartija_nick

Dispel Field

Post by lagartija_nick »

Noooooo...i'm in trouble! i need the dispel field spell...where can i find scroll, or where can i learn the spell? Please Help Me!
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Dispel Field

Post by Dominus »

if you search google, I'm sure you will find a page that lists where you can buy or find the spell.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

If you are meaning in SI, there is only 1 dispel field scroll in the entire game. So, if you 'lost' it, you will need to restart/reload/cheat
OemmeS

Post by OemmeS »

As far as I remember, the only "dispel field" scroll in the game is the one Selina drops after you have defeated her and the rest of Batlin's gang in the temple of order.

This ist some kind of plot device, because you need the spell to get something important. I don't exactly remeber what it was, but I believe it was the Gwani Horn or some other item from Vasculio's treasure chamber.

This way it is made sure that you do things in the "correct" order. SI is way more linear than BG (not that i complain.... I actually liked SI more than BG because of that: It has a much better developed story)
Gradilla Dragon

Post by Gradilla Dragon »

Yes, it is the Gwani Horn.
- Gradilla Dragon
Tristan de Inés

Post by Tristan de Inés »

Wasn't that somewhat bad/"evil" game design on part of Origin? I mean, having only one scroll that is vital to finish the game is really bad, if the player didn't transcribe it, but instead cast it from the scroll.
Gradilla Dragon

I don't think so. Only a blockhead would waste such a unique scroll. Even if you don't know it's unique, you should know by that time that no mage sells it and you are best transcribing it into your spellbook.
- Gradilla Dragon
Bomb Bloke

Post by Bomb Bloke »

I can't imagine anyone using that scoll.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me. :P
Tristan de Inés

Post by Tristan de Inés »

Yeah, it would be pretty stupid... but nevertheless, the game can put you in a position where you have broken the plot and are unable to finish the game and only realise this until much later (or you even don't realise this, if you didn't figure the importance of that scroll).

I think games shouldn't have situations like this.
MokahTGS

Post by MokahTGS »

I killed Sherry the Mouse in Ultima 6...

To this day my best friend and I have a saying: "Never Kill Talking Mice"
Mokah
The Grumpy Strumpet
Gradilla Dragon

And what's so wrong with letting the plot break and being unable to win? That makes the game even more realistic and challenging. Also, that's the main reason for having multiple save slots in the first place.
- Gradilla Dragon
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

In SI there were 2 scrolls that you could only ever get 1 off. Those are Chill and Dispel Field.
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

And what's so wrong with letting the plot break and being unable to win? That makes the game even more realistic and challenging.
Because it's damn annoying. It should notify you somehow that the game is now unwinnable rather than let you play for hours in vain. I believe Warren Spector agrees with this point in theory. If SI wasn't so great, and I played for hours after screwing up, I would ritualistically burn the game disks and then send them back to Origin.
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

My memory may be faulty, but I seem to remember finding more Chill scrolls later - though none available before the plot point that they're required (getting the Furnace key).

Neutronium Dragon
MV

Post by MV »

There's more in furnace itself. On a corpse in the "mushroom" area.
Paulon

Post by Paulon »

THere are others in containers in the city.