Please share this awesome shape sword for us?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
SMKSMK

Please share this awesome shape sword for us?

Post by SMKSMK »

Hello, Everybody. First of all, thanks all of you and your works. So I can enjoy U7 and U7-2 in my life. Thank you very much.

Long time ago, I saw a screenshot. (I added) there was masterpiece sword I've ever seen.
So, at that time, I send a email to that screenshoot's owner, but he refused my request.

Now years later, I remember that shot and I thought that maybe ultima7 mod would have that sword..
So, I downloaded all mods in this homepage, and looked foward to that sword, but It wasn't

Is there anyone know about that sword or mod? Please give me a favor, let me know some infomation.
Or If the owner see this, please let me play your greatest sword. PLEASE :D

If you mind, Forget about this. I don't want to make you burden, and I'm not good at english, I'm honestly korean.
Thank you :lol:
Attachments
T410vm6.jpg
T410vm6.jpg (134.35 KiB) Viewed 20421 times
Last edited by SMKSMK on Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Please share this awsome shape Sword for us?

Post by Dominus »

hmm, that looks nice, but I don't remember where it was shown or if it is in any mod.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
SMKSMK

Re: Please share this awsome shape Sword for us?

Post by SMKSMK »

Thank you, Dominus. For your reple.
You are best admin ever.
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Please share this awesome shape sword for us?

Post by Dominus »

:) thank you.
I've also written you a private mail, in case it got lost in the spam folder.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
SMKSMK

Post by SMKSMK »

Thank you. I checked you mail.
I'll reply to you soon.
thanks a lot.
Dale

Post by Dale »

That was me. Also I apologize if you sent something and didn't get a reply.. I don't know how I missed it.
What strange timing to post this as I just popped back in here a week or so ago after a year or more away.

As for the sword.. thank you very much for the kind words. I think it was just a modification of the colours from another sword for a mod (I think technically a patch, but my lack of understanding the difference has a lot to do with me never getting my planned plot and item finished), but I'll take the compliment anyway. My intention had to been to try and code some special properties to it, but in the end I couldn't figure out how so I think I was just going to give it poison properties and a + to dex or something. I had worked on a VERY basic quest to find it which just involved talking to someone and him mentioning a story about it and a rough region where it could be found.

ANYWAY. I kept hitting road blocks and eventually fizzled out on completing it. I am 98% certain I have all the shapes, attempted code, and notes on ideas somewhere though. I can certainly send the shape if you have any notion how to use it. I was considering starting from scratch on the code which is why I thought to pop back in.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Having looked up the default in-game weapons, I can't find what sword I used, so I may have done more than just colour swap after all. Yay me! I most definitely used something as a starting point, though. Maybe the sword of defence.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Looks like I had also created a dialog tree. Turns out my intentions were for the sword to have paralytic powers that would trigger maybe 10% of the time while also being really heavy and -decreasing- your dexterity.
I have all my files, I just don't really understand the mess I made of them and how the various backups work. I am pretty sure I found the shape file in my mess of folders, though. If you would like it posted, let me know. I won't be able to install and test before posting for at least a few weeks (if at all) though.
Dale

Post by Dale »

And here is the thread where I stumbled my way through the whole mess. Half posting this in case I decide to try delving into this again. Maybe it will have the key to figuring out what is going on with my mess of sub-folders and oddly named shapes.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=652979
SMKSMK

Post by SMKSMK »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you very much!! FOR REPLY!!

It doesn't matter what you have it, or not. I'm just very happy to find your reply, and thanks for your mindful thread.
(I'm not good at English, First.)

Sorry for my late reple. It was 3days vacation in Korea, called CHU-SUK (It means Thanksgiving days in USA.) I'm a fathter of two sons. So I checked this lately.

About MOD.

thanks for link for Thread. It's a good step to find old item. I'll check those. And If you have shape of that sword and doesn't matter, Please send me that shape file. (or PNG files of it). It's very honor to use your work (or works? ^^;;). (My e-mail is sohnmkie@gmail.com)

And I'm gamer of Baldur's Gate series, and I envy their fandom and mods. If U7 realiese in this era, U7 would have many mods too. But In 90's, It's vary hard to make mod and share. Surely, there was already mods too, but, so rarely.

Anyway, I enjoy many RPG games in my life, but I love U7 graphic and game system. So, I collect U7 shapes on each mods. But your sword was GREAT!
Here is my evil-Ryu(in Street Fighter Series) avatar screenshot. I made it. And I know CAPTAINKNIGHT' works. His Works are great, too. (I know he is in this site.)

In Korea, there are many people who enjoy Ultima series, and they made Online-Cafe. They made Ultima 7-1KOREAN PATCH (in Exult 1.2 version only). and U8, U9. (maybe U4 too.) In this days, they are making 7-2 KOREAN PATCH. I'm a member of them.

Thank you!!!!
Dale

Post by Dale »

I hope you had a nice vacation.

Here is the link to the shapes folder.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tmwsstxbypgc ... 3Ftda?dl=0
Again, everything was a mess because I never fully understood what I was doing, but I assume the obviously labelled sword is what you are really looking for. Not sure what the other shapes are. I started trying to modify a pre-existing face to make the character who tells you about the sword, but it was pretty bad if I remember correctly. And I do have the dialogue for him somewhere in the folder too, but I think that might all be of much less interest since I never finished anyything.

Baldur's Gate is incredible and has a lot more flexibility for modding, I am guessing. But I could be wrong.

Your Ryu image did not post, but I'd love to see it.
SMKSMK

Post by SMKSMK »

Thanks a lot. your kindness.

And, I tried my best, (I'm not designer, even.) I have some good shape (just for me)

here are some.
이미지 079.png
이미지 079.png (95.9 KiB) Viewed 20307 times
If you wanna some, please download as you wish!

https://blog.naver.com/sohnmkie/222876070002
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

oooh, look nice SMKSMK
--
Read the Rules!
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

SMKSMK wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:15 pm
Anyway, I enjoy many RPG games in my life, but I love U7 graphic and game system. So, I collect U7 shapes on each mods. But your sword was GREAT!
Here is my evil-Ryu(in Street Fighter Series) avatar screenshot. I made it. And I know CAPTAINKNIGHT' works. His Works are great, too. (I know he is in this site.)
Thanks for the mention. I still have your Ryu PNG files, I think the only thing holding me back on adding it was a "dead body" shape of the same.

I also made Dupre's armor and paperdoll art, so I will need to upload that.