SI - Lucilla frozen after 3am

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
manyingsek

SI - Lucilla frozen after 3am

Post by manyingsek »

Hi,

I'm using Exult 1.6.0

Talked to Lucilla at the pub before 3am and she said not the right time. Wait until 3am and talked to her again before she moves back to her bedroom and she said let's wait at her bedroom.

Talked to her again in her bedroom and she responded "Yes, love" then she became frozen with no response.

Even after a while, when other NPCs went to the pub and ask for services and she just stand at the same place like a statue.

Is there any way to work around this?

Thanks,
John
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: SI - Lucilla frozen after 3am

Post by Dominus »

hmm, couldn't reproduce. Can you send me your savegame of before 3am?
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
manyingsek

Post by manyingsek »

Hi Dominus,

Thanks for your reply. Savegame files sent to dominus at users dot sourceforge dot net.

Thanks,
John
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Thanks, got it and can reproduce with your savegame. Seems I need to replay a new game up to this point to see if it is always reproducible.
I added it to our bug tracker in https://sourceforge.net/p/exult/bugs/2052/
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
manyingsek

Post by manyingsek »

Thanks, is this Lucilla bedroom scene just a minor plot? Would like to move on without re-starting a new game.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

yes, it's not relevant
--
Read the Rules!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

did you do anything out of order? I mean arrive in monitor, knight's test, waiting for the cloak, banquet and then being able to talk to her?

I just played all this and everything still works.

could you try earlier savegames? if you have a lot savegames before the banquet, set flag 72 (F2 -> F -> 72 -> s -> x(it)) (which makes you a knight), and test again with her (duties, pub, court, yes, bye -> wait until after 3am, doubleclick her).
Maybe we can pinpoint where it went wrong.

(and at a last resort, could you start a new game, just cheat teleport to her, set flag 72 and try as well - just as a test to see if it works at all for you - hmm, maybe try that first, then :)).

I'd be really grateful if you could do this, so we can find out what happens.

(edit: even better would be if you could just zip all savegames leading up to this and put them on dropbox or whatever you prefer as a way to share data)
--
Read the Rules!
manyingsek

Post by manyingsek »

That's basically the order I played the game, except that I went to Fawn to get the 5 leaves for the healer after the tattoo and also went to the very hot dungeon nearby (but didn't went very deep), before getting the cloak.

I've continued the journey and over written all the previous saved games (now in Moonshade).

But interested to try out with a new game and flag 72. Though I played SI many years ago but Exult is my first time, would be great if you can share some more details about how to set the flag.

Thanks!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

ah a bummer you overwritten the savegames :(
If you continue, could you keep your saves, because it is nice to have a fallback to find problems.
To set the flag you just do these steps: F2 (cheat screen) -> F (Flag modifier) -> 72 -> s (set) -> x(it).
--
Read the Rules!
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

Could this somehow be due to the bug around the egg near the banquet hall doors that deletes the next nearest egg? This typically deletes the egg that spawns the List Field pikeman who sits at the desk.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I tried specifically to go over that after the banquet scene but nothing changed, still worked for me.
--
Read the Rules!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Both Marzo and Dr.Code took a look and the scene can be fixed by setting Lucilla's Id to 0 (F2 - N - 70 - N - V - 0).
Long story can be read at https://sourceforge.net/p/exult/bugs/2052/

My questions, how did you get the amulet of balance (normally by dying at first, so how did you die?)? And was there any other scene that felt odd?
--
Read the Rules!
manyingsek

Post by manyingsek »

Tried with a new game and set flag 72 and the scene works.

If I remember correctly, I died when seeing the first enemy (a gremlin?) in the knight test.

Will try the Lucilla IS to 0 later when going back to monitor.

Thanks a lot!