Glimmerscape help

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Dale

Glimmerscape help

Post by Dale »

Spoiler thread.

So I am at a loss. The gypsy lady says to go to Dewtopia to find out what to do next, but I feel like I have talked to a lot of people and haven't really found a path.
I also tried to help some dude and blew him up :(
And accidentally made a dialog choice where this dude in prison won't speak to me anymore.
Dale

Re: Glimmerscape help

Post by Dale »

Nevermind.. I am dumb. Didn't realize the gob/bandit stuff was the start of the path.
Dale

Post by Dale »

I am a bit confused though, because I thought after becoming a knight that head knight dude said to get a key to the sugar mines from I think Jeroan...? I can't seem to get that key.

Also.. aside from the few moments of being stuck, this game is off the hook. So well done!
Dale

Post by Dale »

When I try to let Markus return to goblins in the south (it seemed like the right thing to do..? I don't know yet) upon arriving at... Brentwood (?), it always hangs up when he leaves and the cursor is stuck as the hand icon.
Any suggestions on getting past this? I am hoping he will help me communicate with them and it will be useful later.
Dale

Post by Dale »

(still haven't figured out how to enter that town without the game hanging up)

Just goofing around in the mean time, and at 159 south 44 east in the lava cave in the south, a bunch of chunks that say Delete Me! flash on the screen hahah. Caught me by surprise at first! Just sharing for no good reason.
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

Sounds like maybe some of my code is broken in the egg that is triggered outside of the city that lets you release Markus. I'll try to take a look at it this week, along with the issue when you die.

In regards to Markus and the gobins, I don't think it actually helps with them later (though it's been a looooong time since I made it). If I recall correctly it's mainly for the +/- karma for the main karma line.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Yeah.. the dying issue has happened pretty consistently. It's not just in the places I mentioned before. It's an odd one, too. After dying, I am resurrected and I can run around, but I can't DO anything. It's not a big deal to just reload at those times though, honestly.

So there IS a karma tracker. Would letting him go at a random place work for that? Actually.. he behaves strangely when I've tried that, too. Stays at that spot and you can open dialogue but none of the options work except Bye.
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

If I remember correctly as long as you don't take him to the city as you're tasked to do you will get +karma and letting him go anywhere else, even at the city gates will give you -karma.

It's really bizarre all the issues you're running into. I'm certain that I had tested that and gotten all the way through it without those issues. I must have broken it at some point, somehow, though I'm not sure. At least it should be relatively straight forward.

Sorry for the issues your encountering though. When I finally get a chance to start looking at these (hopefully the next couple of days) I should be able to send you a new usecode file to place in the game folder though since only map edit updates require a new version of the full game.
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

I have a bug report. Should this have its own thread? Anyway here it is:

Dewtopia:
1)Dimitry(Deary?) no dialog/face (pirate S shelter)
2)castle: biggest blue carpet vs door Z index (open it)
3)Patterson: no name option in conversation
4)Rydan: I will slay geth is not removed from conversation
5)Trainee Angelica: is still cantra when you click on shape before you talk to her (possibly the same happens with spark on one of the children in the orphenage with the old man, and one of the bandits was a fawn guard)
6)Guards/trainees train at entrance of barracks (checked at 2.40pm) Rufus too
7)Brunt patrols outside instead of inside the mint (left of it, on the street)
8)Map sprite does not match: stand NW gate yellow plus not at right position on map (minor issue)

Archeologist:
9)144S 16W: wrong chunck desert/grass/mountains edge
10)After clearing debris at excavation site and breaking the golden statues: double click on any other debris while holding pickaxe: script starts walking back to excavation site (or fails to find it) and says 'Jones let's do this' but Jones is already below. At this point you are stuck in script. If you load and go back down, the golden statues have returned and can explode again, seems exploitable for XP/karma. Speaking to Jones then starts empty script/hangs. Unable to progress in this quest?

General:
11)Party remains poisoned after death/resurrection
12)Sentri: always barks you survived!
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

I think this thread is as good a place as any. I'll take a look at those. Some will require a full new re-release since it sounds like some have to do with the map issues itself but it looks like most can be fixed with an updated usecode file.

Some of the items with NPC's being in weird locations I will try updating their locations to be more precise but those may be items that unfortunately I won't be able to fix.

Thanks for the report.
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

I have a new usecode file that should fix most of the code related issues you've mentioned Joseph. If you want to email me at the email in my profile I can send it to you (since your email in your profile seems fake). New usecode changes seem to work with existing games by dropping them into the mods\glimmerscape\data folder.

Referencing your item 11, I made some further changes to the Galen resurrection code as when I was trying to fix the poison I encountered some issues that could be incredibly annoying (not resurrection properly, charging you even though he didn't provide a service, etc). I haven't been able to recreate the poison issue however. I've added some code to try and account for it but I'm not confident it will work given how the resurrection intrinsic functions return objects.

Map related issues such as the map sprite, NPC's wandering outside of their areas, the Cantra name, etc, wouldn't be fixed as that requires a full update. I don't think those ones will be fixable though as the locations for the NPC's to perform their schedules are correct but it seems to sometimes have them perform it in slightly different areas for some reason.
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

I think I have a fix available for the death bug now as well (thanks to KC).
wopah

Post by wopah »

Will you be releasing this new update on the download page anytime soon?
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

I have now made the request to have the latest version updated on the downloads page.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Glimmerscape is updated on the download page! Thanks Donfrow!!!
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!