stuck in Trinsic (copy protection)

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
mool

stuck in Trinsic (copy protection)

Post by mool »

alright, so, I'm playing this game using Exult (duh).

I'm not sure if I'm doing something seriously wrong but... here we go.

I bought Ultima 7 off GOG. It did come with everything required for the game, like answers to the copy protection questions and such, a manual, codes for the map, etc.

I didn't realize that after I got to this point though. so, obviously, I got the first time wrong since I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to do, then I decided to look around the game files and I found the answers txt file there.

But, even with everything correct!... I can't progress. the mayor says he doesn't trust me enough for the password or something.

In case you're curious, he asked for these: longitude for Skara Brae, latitude for Dagger Isle, and longitude for the island Terfin. All of which I answer correctly, confirmed by the txt file.

I'm not sure what to do now. please help :/
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: stuck in Trinsic (copy protection)

Post by Dominus »

but what were your answers to these questions? That is the most important thing :)
Anyways you must have confused one or two answers or made an error when you entered them with the slider.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
mool

Post by mool »

Oh my god you're right

for some reason i didn't realize the skara brae had questions for BOTH longitude and latitude so it really confused me >_> I was reading the latitude part, not realizing there was a longitude version

so yeah, kiddos, don't forget to read carefully through the answer sheets :p

I really thought it was a bug, turns out I'm just blind xD anyway, I'm actually really embarrassed right now, can this topic be locked please?
Dale

Post by Dale »

Meh. I have made that mistake many times. Understandable.
Paulon

Post by Paulon »

When I first played, when the game was originally released, I completely missed that the number was on both sides of the lines on the map, and was just entering 3, 6, 9 etc. I was rather embarrassed when I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.