The reason for the LB anti-cheater room

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Dominus
Site Admin

The reason for the LB anti-cheater room

Post by Dominus »

So I'm at the UDIC anniversary bash and one night we drank with LB and he told us about the story behind the anti-cheater room (the square room in the mountains with LB in it that attacks you right away).

So back in the U7 development days, Richard Garriott encouraged easter eggs but wanted to know about them.
One day a QA guy came up to him and told him that a tester found something and Richard needed to see it.
They had found the Trinsic cheat room and Richard didn't know about it and got a bit upset. But he didn't know who made that huge easter egg.
They then searched the egg that lead to the room and changed it to point at the anti-cheater room.
So the next time the developer who added the Trinsic cheat room was using the teleporter egg, he was in for a bad surprise ;)
Richard mentioned that the developer was John Mills (but I couldn't confirm his name in the credits).
They also added the new teleporter egg for the Trinsic cheat room that we all know (behind the chimney of the blacksmithy).
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
TDI

Re: The reason for the LB anti-cheater room

Post by TDI »

Aah, that's great to know. I wish I could be there. :´(
Maybe someone could post some pictures of the event somewhere, to share with the less fortunate ones.
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

I think LB explained this as well in an interview with this Spoony guy from thespoonyexperiment.com.

Fun stuff. :)
jdharding

Post by jdharding »

So is there a second method in Trinsic to get to the cheat room? Or was it changed to the blacksmith roof and the old one was deleted?

Also, does he know about the chest south of Trinsic that's filled with all kinds of loot? Or is that even considered a cheat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ultima VII Album:
http://jdharding.bandcamp.com/album/ultima-vii

Ultima Online Album:
http://jdharding.bandcamp.com/album/ultima-online
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

The old teleport egg got changed to point at the anti-cheat room and might still be somwhere. I need to investigate once I get back. I don't know if I'll get a chance to ask Richard about that chest.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Dale

Post by Dale »

Jealousy overload. Very cool. Hope you get to learn more interesting stuff while out there. Any idea how RG feels about Exult and the mods and what not? Maybe we would share some love on the missing content one day... or with enough drinks.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

I would love to hear any post-Banes details he remembers!

Our liege did make a proclamation about this project before. It's in the main documentation page.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Yes and he is one of the TestFlight users of Exult for iOS ;)
--
Read the Rules!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

For more stuff from the bash look at #ud25th on twitter. There is a new Dragon, Splut Dragon that was greeted with a real splut. Look at it ;)
--
Read the Rules!
Lavacopter

Post by Lavacopter »

The teleporter to the anti-cheat is at 42B 90A, behind a tree south of the starting point:

Incidentally, I stumbled across a different teleport tree at 416 8DC after a reload, this one takes you to the big teleporter room:

Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

Hopefully our liege will enjoy some of the new easter eggs that will be in Conquests.