SI Stealing Objections

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Knight Captain

SI Stealing Objections

Post by Knight Captain »

These are still in the released game's Usecode, but strategically returned out. I am going to try adding them back in, because why not?
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: SI Stealing Objections

Post by Dominus »

Because it is annoying? ;)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I say go for it. It's consistent with what they would do in Ultima 7. I always wondered why they stopped caring just because you weren't in Britannia any more. ;-)
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

I may include this using my nifty DEBUG_MODE global flag for now, at least for my own testing. Only the Three Companions are coded, so Gwenno and others won't care.
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

If you ever decide to mod it in, it might be a good idea to disable it after Batlin's death. I doubt there would be much protesting among our friends when we loot the homes of dead people.
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

Raiding the ruined cities for supplies was always fun, so I was usually a good Avatar before the bane release haha
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultima 6 Mod for Exult site: http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

I'm always a good Avatar and never steal.
That Iolo though. For some reason items I like always seem to disappear into his pockets. Absolute scumbag that one.
Incriptus

Post by Incriptus »

My Iolo was addicted to potions, bandages and scrolls
Shamino would horde all the food
But it was Dupre, Dupre had a thing for money
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

But what if you play Silver Seed after the Banes are released, and Karnax says all the dead people will come back to life? You're still stealing from them, even if they're temporarily dead. ;-)

I'm imagining a Serpent Isle after the game where everyone comes back to life, amazed that they aren't dead, only to find all their possessions stolen and homes ransacked. I bet more than a few of them would wish they were still dead. :-)
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

Hey, that's not my problem anymore. They were dead at some point: Who could expect everyone to suddenly be alive again?
No, no, I'm keeping my stuff. It's all MINE!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Surely the character who is routinely resurrected along with their companions would be the last person to imagine that others could also somehow come back to life. ;-)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

well, one could always claim the banes were responsible for all the looting :)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Definitely the most Avatarlike approach. :-)

Now I'm just imagining the Serpent Isle population chasing the Companions back to the boat with torches and pitchforks (assuming they still have any left).
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

The arrest behavior is a bit off from how I remember it. It seems like many guards will appear and even after the first one is talked to the others still keep coming to ask the same question. I don't remember the original doing this.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Yes, I noticed that too, but forgot to mention it in my list of bugs I had.

I also remember a situation with the Fawn guards - I murdered Delphynia just to see what would happen, got thrown in jail after the guard gave the "Thou art a dog...thy place is behind stout iron bars!" dialogue, only to find about 5 or 6 more Fawn guards visiting me in my prison cell to tell me the exact same thing (which kept instant teleporting me back into the cell, even though the door was unlocked and I was trying to leave).
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

I wonder if the Black Gate has the same arresting issue?
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I tried murdering people in Black Gate several times over just to get arrested, but couldn't for the life of me get a guard to begin dialogue, they just kept attacking.

However, I did notice once I died and was resurrected at the Fellowship shelter in Paws, a guard showed up and attacked me.

So it seems whatever causes guards to "forget" crimes committed before arrest/death isn't working right, in both BG and SI.