SI almost bug free (TM)

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Dominus
Site Admin

SI almost bug free (TM)

Post by Dominus »

I finally finished playing through SI with current Exult.
Played almost without a hitch.

One potential serious bug has been fixed already: The desk schedule was creating too many items in the NPC inventories and those were never deleted. This prevented usecode from playing items on the NPCs. Zulith of Fawn thus didn't have a hint of the serpent armor on his body after the banes.

Then, near the final, after Dupre already sacrificed himself you are separated from your party again because you need to prove your in balance. Once you are back Dupre is kind of back in your party. He won't show but when you cycle through the party inventories or have the status bar enabled, you will notice this. Curiously when you save and reload everything is okay again.

Some very minor palette issues in the frozen north...

Xenka was missing from Monk island after she had returned. Obviously I didn't read the FAQ I wrote... http://exult.info/faq.php#karnax_gone :)
After not teleport cheating but using the dark path to get to Monk island she was there....

so... wow, the game takes ages, I forgot that :)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Mimu

Re: SI almost bug free (TM)

Post by Mimu »

Very cool. :D
SI is one of those games where you wish no matter how long it is, that there was even more high-quality content...
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Found another one:
When you play with speech disabled you normally get subtitles the few times the Guardian or the serpents speak. BUT the final cutscene is without subtitles :(
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Do the NPCs with the serve food activity still end up leaving absurd piles of food on the tables as time passes?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Agentorange says yes, I say no ;)

I recently started an SI game, played through monitors beginning (so that not everyone waits in the crypt), and want to the inn and left Exult running during the night. Everything worked fine.

Maybe... There is still something off when you leave the area, everything is cached out and when you come back the NPCs resume their normal schedule and leave stuff on the table...
--
Read the Rules!
voskat

Post by voskat »

I'm stuck at the Wall of Lights.
Put the blackrock serpent and the three prisms on the pedestals. The Wall lights up, but nothing else happens.
I read that the prisms are supposed to light up or something, but they just stay as they are.
Putting Dupre's ashes on the fourth pedestal doesn't do anything either.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Can you provide a savegame, please?
--
Read the Rules!
lazar0

Post by lazar0 »

Has appeared Xenka and talked to her? Have you catch up the plagues in each prism with Black Sword? ;)
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

One minor glitch that still seems to persist is that some containers have their contents piled up in the corner of the gump, beyond the boundaries of where you can place them yourself.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

yes :(
--
Read the Rules!
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Is there a bug entered for that?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Crowley, can you make a bug report with specific containers that show that problem? I've seen them too but can't pinpoint any, maybe your memory is better ;)
--
Read the Rules!
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Can do! I probably won't catch all of them, but I'll go through a bunch of the areas and see what I can find. Two specific ones I can point out right now are one of the crates near Cellia which contain pelts, and the corpse by the Serpent Gate in the Furnace.
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

All righty, bug report is created as cosmetic, ticket number 1916.
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

I've been playing through the whole game again, and noticed another minor glitch: There is a pikeman you can rescue from the goblin camp. As I recall, if you manage to get him to the cave entrance alive, he is scripted to say something like it feels like his heart is about to burst, and he drops dead. Now, I managed to get all the way to the stairs with him in alive and in tow. Naturally, the stairs teleport doesn't move him. I shall make a bug report on this.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Hmmthat worked for me...
--
Read the Rules!
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Hmm, that's odd. Oh well, that's a very minor thing. I noticed yet another small one that occurs shortly afterwards in plot terms. When I present the documents to Brendann about Spektor and Marsten being traitors, he summons pikemen to arrest them. However, the conversation between Brendann and the pikemen does not start, and the pikemen are left just standing there. Fortunately, this does not affect the two getting actually arrested.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Stop finding bugs ;)
--
Read the Rules!
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

And now I am unable to use the Water of Discipline to bring Cantra, Gwenno or Dupre back to their senses. Ethicality and Logic worked fine on Iolo and Shamino. I am using Marzo's fixes mod, so I suspect this might be some wires getting crossed with how that adds curing Cantra.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Hmm, let me check. Marzo fixed something there, I mighthave forgotten to do a zip
--
Read the Rules!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Finally have some time to go through your bug reports :)

IMPORTANT:
Please install SI Fixes from our download page, NOT from the Seven Towers page. When Marzo moved his page to our project space the file dates probably got messed up. His downloads are much older and do not have the fixes!!!!
--
Read the Rules!
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

I noticed that one thing very prone to being placed outside the normal container bounds is magic shields into backpacks. You can see this right at the beginning of the game, just drag the Avatar's shield onto the backpack of party members without opening it.
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Also, food piling up on tavern tables seems certainly fixed to me. The worst I've seen is 2-3 plates on top of each other.
andreas

Post by andreas »

For what it's worth, I'm currently playing SI in dosbox and have encountered both the issue of the pikeman not going down the stairs in the goblin tunnels and Brendann's dialogue with the pikemen not being triggered when arresting Marsten and Spektor. So they may not be Exult specific.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Thanks for confirming. I *think* I tested that also in the original and changed the bug entries accordingly.
--
Read the Rules!