Game Start - Logntidude and Latidude

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Last

Game Start - Logntidude and Latidude

Post by Last »

At the begining of the game I need to say a few of those to a guy, and I can't seem to get it right.

Can you help?
Dangus

Re: Game Start - Logntidude and Latidude

Post by Dangus »

I have all the original documentation and boxes to both games and I had problems finding the exact coordinates of some of the things they wanted. I have no idea what I was missing. Maybe it's just unclear like that. At any rate, the answers you seek are listed online, and not hard to find in a search engine.
Last

Post by Last »

I expect them to be listed, but the game is rather old, and I doubt cheat sites still exist.

I would try and look for it, but if you got an idea where, I would apprecite if you check it out, or post it here.
Last

Post by Last »

I managed to find some sites, but none will give the answer...

Any one has it here?
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

> I doubt cheat sites still exist.

http://www.google.com disagrees.
Last

Post by Last »

Well I checked google after I posted that message, and was suprised to see how many cheat sites won't place that info on their walkthroughs...
Last

Post by Last »

I finally got the list somewhere, thx.
Soul

Post by Soul »

FYI, Origin/EA makes those answers publically available - So there is nothing wrong/bad with obtaning them:

http://www.uo.com/archive/ultima7/

http://www.uo.com/archive/ultima7/coord.html
Daemongar

Post by Daemongar »

I keep them on my site because I travel with a laptop and don't always have room for docs - my link is:

*removed by colourless*
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

I shouldn't have to say this yet again. DON'T POST OR LINK TO THE COPY PROTECTION ANSWERS HERE!

Only the Map answers are fine. Anything else NO!

-Colourless Dragon
Ezric

Post by Ezric »

I'm curious as to why links to the copy protection answers are forbidden here, especially when you consider that Origin (or more accurately, I suppose, Electronic Arts) has made them publicly available online.
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

No they haven't. Only the map answers have been put online. None of the others are.
Ezric

Post by Ezric »

Oh, I guess so. I seem to recall them once having the Serpent Isle ones, though, but I could be wrong. At any rate, Black Gate really only has map questions for copy protection, doesn't it? It's been so long since I played through it the "normal" way that I can't remember.
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

Batlin asks questions that are answered from the manual
Ezric

Post by Ezric »

Yeah, but do you really have to follow that conversation tree to complete the game?
TheBeerDoctor

Post by TheBeerDoctor »

You need the answer the questions to be able to join the fellowship. And you need to be a fellowship member to get into the fellowship retreat island where one of the generators is located. HOWEVER I seem to recall that you can use the magic carpet to get into the fellowship retreat island without having to be a member, and gain access to the generator. I'm not sure if you need to be a member to trigger any other events in the game that can't be bypassed.
Soul

Post by Soul »

You can finish the game without joining the fellowship. Well, you could in the original, so I'm fairly confident you could in EXULT as well.

Also, if you are really a die-hard ultima fan, many of the questions you will already know the answers :P Think of some of the serpent isle questions that Thoxa and later Fedabiblio ask you...

"How many cities were established on serpent isle?"

Well, open your map up... guess and check should get you the answer lickity split!

And others...

"How many spells are in the 9th circle of magic?"

Well geez, how many spells are in ANY circle of magic? And hey, you happen(ed) to have a spellbook in your inventory, look for yourself :)
Soul

Post by Soul »

On a side note, you can finish BG without getting the coords and "technically" not cheating, AND not barring yourself out of trinsic.. if you plan ahead.

Walk up along the stone wall of Trinsic on the south edge, and using crates, build a small stairway that will walk you up onto that "serrated" ledge, or whatever it's called, so that you are walking on the edge (but naturally cannot get down.)

Now using crates/pieces of meat/etc get up to the trinsic cheat room, but rather then "cheating" and taking things, just head straight for the compassion teleporter (I think that's right, you should end up in britain?). I forget, guess and check will get you out safely anyways. Then, collect 10 pieces of horizontal driftwood (there is some near Iolos house, lots of it in the various pirate camps throughout the world, and some in minoc). Walk back to trinsic, and build a stairway using the wood up to that ledge... your previous stairway that goes back DOWN to trinsic will still be there.

Tada... screw the password!
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

:-)

Yeah, you can manage to complete BG without answering the Copy Protection questions and without cheating, BUT that does not make it ok to put the answers or links to the answers here.

We do not want problems with EA, plain and simple. Remember, it's not what YOU think is ok, it's what EA thinks is ok.

-Colourless Dragon
Skutarth

Post by Skutarth »

What? WHY? Just use the Exult editor.

Jeez.
Skutarth

Post by Skutarth »

Exult team, you should disable the map editor and cheats, because you can plainly just set the flags correctly and/or warp past copy protection
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

Enough already.