Wisps attacking !!

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Dunadan27

Wisps attacking !!

Post by Dunadan27 »

I'm playing the latest snapshot and am where you have to talk to the wisps, but the wisps are always attacking me.
I can't remember it was so in the original game, is this a bug ?

I'm 100% sure i did nothing to offend the wisps.

Thanks,
Dunadan
dag

Re: Wisps attacking !!

Post by dag »

as far as i remember, they are hostile in the original, too. this could be quite
annoying, because wisps are (at least almost) invulnerable.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

I looked into this a few months ago. What I recall is that the wisps outside the building are hostile, and you can only talk to the one or two inside. You just have to run away from the outside ones, as they cannot be killed. It's the same as in the original, but it might be a little to hard to run away from them in Exult.
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

What building is it? I don't remember having to go into a building to talk to wisps. :\ (but maybe they had moved away from it)
Sergorn

Post by Sergorn »

"It's the same as in the original"

Erm... I've played the original many, many times; and never once have I been attacked by the Wisps. The time I played with Exult is the only time the Wisps attacked me; and that was quite annoying :/

-Sergorn
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

You have to wander to the East and Northeast of the building where you talk to them. I verified this playing the original with U7run recently.
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

Sergorn is right, they weren't inherently hostile in the original. There *was* a problem that your party members would go and attack *them* in combat mode, prompting a violent response, but this didn't cause the whole 'race' to become that way, just the attacked individual(s).

Neutronium Dragon
Darke
Site Admin

Post by Darke »

Weird. I remember having serious problems having to avoid being automatically attacked when not in combat mode, by most wisps when playing BG. Now you've got me wondering if we're actually playing the same game. *grin*

Maybe there was a bug relating to it in the original U7BG? I've never played it patched or with FOV except within exult.
Kennedy

Post by Kennedy »

Well, if you have the black sword you can ask the demon inside to kill the wisp for you.
`daniel

Post by `daniel »

I remember the wisps sometimes going spastic at me in ultima 7, but usually only if I annoyed them. Strange enough, they retained their hostile behaviour throughout the game towards me. Perhaps Exult is emulating the origional ultima 7 so much that it's even emulating the bugs? :P

And please, don't get into a frenzy about me saying "emulating" okay? Exult is trying to be like the origional, so in a way that is emulating. And yes, Wine is an emulator!
Dangus

Post by Dangus »

Use the power of the Black Sword upon them.... hehe