doesn't the music ever stop playing in Trinsic?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
fliend

doesn't the music ever stop playing in Trinsic?

Post by fliend »

Was it your(Exult team) intention to make the music in Trinsic play continuously until another tune plays or a monster attacks? I like to hear it but it gets annoying to hear the whinning murdur theme after fifteen minutes non-stop.
Trevor_Clim

Re: doesn't the music ever stop playing in Trinsic?

Post by Trevor_Clim »

hehe...
the murdur theme is playing all the time?! i think its only played when you enter the stables or his house and when its finished then another music will be played, kinda strange hmm? but i am sure the team will fix it!
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

If you want to stop the music press:
Alt-1,
S,
ESC

And the music will have stopped playing.

Maybe we will do something about this in the future.

-Colourless Dragon
Sir Cabirus

Post by Sir Cabirus »

Colorless - I hope you will do something about this in the n e a r future. Hey guys I really like your good work and I'm very glad with Exult. The only thing that could stop me playing Exult or to prefer the original game are the continuously sound loops. A workaround could be to play the different songs always only one time after they were triggered by an event. So you don't need an event for stopping the music. Please, please find a way out from this disaster. I really want to play Ultima VII under Windows 2000.

Sir Cabirus Dragon
--==(UDIC)==--
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

as we explained some other time (IIRC) it seems that this was actually a bug in the original. There are some music eggs that set the music to be repeated and some that don't. It is likely that the original ignored those.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Sir Cabirus

Post by Sir Cabirus »

A bug - a feature? However - Dominus, it would be really nice to hear the music only once! Moreover it would be a step further to the original :-)Though I love most of the new features as the possibility to save more than 10 games for example.

Sir Cabirus Dragon
--==(UDIC)==--

Sir Cabirus Ultima Homepage
http://www.SirCabirus.com
nadir
Site Admin

Post by nadir »

Sir Cabirus,
firstly it is Colourless and not Colorless. I assure you they are VERY different.

As Dominus said, we are actually interpreting the information in the music eggs "to the letter", whereas the original had a bug (or was it intentional) that ignored such flags.

We might add a button to the audio options which would ignore the music repeat flag.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

I'm not positive, but I think the original would replace the music with background sounds (birds chirping, etc.) every so often.
Sir Cabirus

Post by Sir Cabirus »

Colourless (and Nadir),

I'm sorry about my typo, I never want to hurt you. BTW - what is the difference between Colourless and Colorless? The only thing I know (I'm a German ;-) is that colour is British and color is American english.

I like Nadir's idea concerning the audio options buttons. DrCode could be right but the audio options button is an excellent workaround until someone find out how Origin did it in the original game.

Sir Cabirus Dragon
--==(UDIC)==--
Sir Cabirus

Post by Sir Cabirus »

Anybody out there ;-)

Sir Cabirus Dragon
--==(UDIC)==--
nadir
Site Admin

Post by nadir »

Sir Cabirus: are you volunteering to write code to support this option ?
Otherwise it will just get done when we have time
nadir
Site Admin

Post by nadir »

Done in CVS. Should appear in the next snapshot.
Frank Wolter

Post by Frank Wolter »

Nadir: sorry for bothering you. All I wanted to know was if you are w i l l i n g to implement your excellent suggestion. Now it seems you are :) No problem to wait until you have time to write the code. Thank you in advance.

Sir Cabirus Dragon
--==(UDIC)==--
Sir Cabirus

Post by Sir Cabirus »

Huh, it seems you was faster in coding as I in writing :-) Thank you for your quick implementation, Nadir. Have a nice weekend.

Sir Cabirus Dragon
--==(UDIC)==--
Sir Cabirus

Post by Sir Cabirus »

Have just downloaded the current snapshot. The new option is great and works fine for me. Many thanks again and keep up the good work.

Sir Cabirus Dragon
--==(UDIC)==--
GavinFox

Post by GavinFox »

Hello, I *like* having some sort of music going on all the time... is there any way I can get this to happen in Serpent Isle with Exult? Thanks!!
Eep!
nadir
Site Admin

Post by nadir »

The only way to get continuous music is to enable the option in the audio settings and walk near to a music egg which has the repeating flag (not all of them are like that). Obviously as soon as you trigger another music egg, and this doesn't have the repeating flag set, the music will stop after playing once.
achile dragon

Post by achile dragon »

About music. Where is the cave music

Achile Dragon