SI: [SPOILER!]: Spector's note

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
richcon

SI: [SPOILER!]: Spector's note

Post by richcon »

Hey I'm curious about something.

I found the incriminating note for Spector in the goblin's cave. Problem is, I found the evidence for Marsten's guilt first, and took it back. Now that Marsten is arrested, I can't seem to get at the conversation option again to hand them Spector's note.

Is this a bug?

(I can post a copy of my Data folder, if that helps someone to look at it. For some reason, saved games aren't working in my copy of Exult, and I haven't had time to track down where the problem might be. So I've just been making copies of the Data folder whenever I want to make another backup save.)
Garrett

Re: SI: [SPOILER!]: Spector's note

Post by Garrett »

It's deliberate, some parts of SI have alternate paths that will result in someone not dying/being arrested/whatever. Once you've done something one way, all dialogue choices relating to the other ways are disabled.

Now maybe this could be addressed in the SI fixes (because, logically, you should still be able to bring Spector to justice), but it's not technically a bug.
richcon

Post by richcon »

Ok, so I'm not missing anything in the game by not being able to turn in Spector's note and seeing him to justice?

Thanks for the response!
Kensu

Post by Kensu »

God, that's annoying. Yeah, if you find only one of the documents (I believe they're in different places in the storeroom) only one person will be incriminated. In my case it was Spektor that got off scot-free.
Unforrtunately, there's no way to turn him in after that. You should've been able to talk to the Wolf-leader or something...
Doesn't this also short-circuit the Gunpowder cache quest? Good luck finding a keg to blow open that damn door later on...
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

Aren't there kegs in the cave with the note?
William

Post by William »

If you're referring to the cave where you find the body of Cantra's father, you get the key to that cave from Lucilla, who only gives you the key after Spektor has been imprisoned.
MV

Post by MV »

I still don't know how you can miss taking both notes back at the same time since they are on the same table right next to each other in the goblin treasure room.

As for kegs, there's more around. The only other place I can think of right now though is in the silver seed in the keep with the well. You have to enter (double click on), an iron maiden on the north wall in the prision area to get to the little room they're in IIRC.
Gruck

Post by Gruck »

There are three powder kegs located in the same dungeon as the big metal door you have to blow up. Of course the first time I played Serpent Isle I blew up all the powder kegs in the game for fun, thus leaving myself kinda screwed.
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

You can also get the trapped chest from the goblin caves, if you haven't detonated it already.

I use it to grab the Helm of Courage without even entering the village any time I'm feeling lazy. :)
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

Hmm. Would the exploding books from the White Dragon castle work for that too?

Neutronium Dragon