Inventory windows in BG and SI

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
J. Lilley

Inventory windows in BG and SI

Post by J. Lilley »

One thing I used to do way back when I played the original games was to organize my Inventory and Backpack windows so that they would appear off to the side and out of the main screen when I called them up. After moving them, the game would remember where they were moved to and always bring them up there. I've noticed that Exult doesn't do that, wherever you move them, if you close them, they appear back in the middle of the screen again. Is it possible to have Exult remember where you last left those screens and save it?
Tylius

Re: Inventory windows in BG and SI

Post by Tylius »

I would love that feature! That's probably the most irritating thing for me, though until this post, I couldn't remember *why* it was bothering me so much. Must've been because I was used to the originals way of doing it ;)
Andrea B Previtera

Post by Andrea B Previtera »

One more suggestion: resizable gumps. Tricky but feasible.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

The first request, saving gump positions, is reasonable. The second isn't, since the gump graphics are bitmaps. How could we resize them?
Andrea B Previtera

Post by Andrea B Previtera »

Well it's just a matter of scaling the bitmap no? But thinking again about it, it doesn't make much sense.

Post by 1010101 »

Actually, thinking about it, it seems to me that resizable container windows might be handy (even if it isn't particularly possible ;) ). If I could stretch a bag on-screen, it gives me easier access to its contents (stuff that previously was in the "bottom" of the bag wouldn't need to be anymore).
tetzlaff

Post by tetzlaff »

FYI,
I just added a patch to save the gump positions...
tetzlaff

Post by tetzlaff »

Also added a patch to prevent gumps from being coerced off screen.