% chance Richard Garriott will be part of another single pla

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Macaw

% chance Richard Garriott will be part of another single pla

Post by Macaw »

I think... roughly about 2% chance

Sorry bit of a useless topic but doesnt everyone here want him to make (be part of) another ultima game and not rush it like ascension? Maybe in about 10 years after developing a half dozen or so mmorpg's he'll decide to buy back the ultima license and make a (proper) Ultima X.

Sure THe story pretty much ends at ascension but it was somewhat rubbish and the series deserves to be ended with a game more closer to greatness the almighty Black Gate. If a new ultima was to be released however I think a 1st person view (like morrowind) would be much more useful than a 3rd person view.
drcode
Site Admin

Re: % chance Richard Garriott will be part of another single

Post by drcode »

It would be nice, but I think the odds of this are about the same as:

Getting a new Wing Commander game.
Seeing a new King's Quest (9?).
Having a sequel to Sam 'n Max (actually, this almost happened).
Bomb Bloke

Post by Bomb Bloke »

He finished the series. I'm sure he saw all the rants about UX. I think the odds of him making another game are... slim.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me. :P
Andrea .B. Previtera

Post by Andrea .B. Previtera »

I just solved a complex system on non-linear disequations and it seems to prove that the chances are 3%, not 2%. You may be wrong, Macaw, there's an additional percent point of hope for us poor waiting souls.
Gradilla Dragon

Post by Gradilla Dragon »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Andrea, you hit the nail! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Macaw, what are the fundaments of your estimation? I think giving a number out of the blue and not stating how you can come up with it does not give credibility. How can you prove it? It's not like this phenomenom can be repeated and the chance can be measured. All you can say is its chance to happen is low.
- Gradilla Dragon
JKM

Post by JKM »

There is going to be a KQ9-it's just not going to be produced by Sierra/VUG in any way.

Link
Macaw

Post by Macaw »

Its simple you see I came up with advanced calculations that were based off complicated mathematical algorithms that were composed of stuff RG has said in interviews and so forth, then add in the fact he still wears his serpent necklace and Lord British clothes at e3's and a such. Then I factored in to the equations the fact RG doesnt have the Ultima liscence any more and after everything was calculated it came to it being a 2% chance..

so yea... it would seem 2% seems correct, hahaah
Gradilla Dragon

Post by Gradilla Dragon »

But the serpent necklace is a pre-Ultima thing. If memory serves, he was 11 years old when his mom made that necklace for him. The nickname Lord British and wearing costumes for LARPing is pre-Ultima as well. Those are things that define him as a person, they are part of his life and his past, predating Ultima.
- Gradilla Dragon
Macaw

Post by Macaw »

Aaah yes, buy you see its all this pre-ultima stuff that he brought into the world of Ultima as characters and what-not, therefore the Ultima games themselves must cross his mind very often seeing as this dressing up and stuff seems to be part of his life, and the fact he lives in a ultima inspired castle on his Austin estate. So its safe to say he'll never leave the Ultima games behind him.

That of course doesnt mean he's gonna make another one though. Well 98% chance at least that he wont make another one.