Skara Brae bug plz help...

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
ultima7fan

Skara Brae bug plz help...

Post by ultima7fan »

Hi. I'm using WinXP with just U7: TBG (no FoV).

The first bug which I encountered in Skara Brae was after I freed Horace and I needed to get the mayor to agree to kill himself at the well. He kept on asking me to speak to Rowena, saying she was at the throne on the NW part of the tower. She wasn't there, she was at the blacksmith's place.

I don't know how but after reloading my saves a few times the bug went away and I managed to get the mayor to suicide himself.

Now when I go see Alagner and he asks his Life & Death question, he says "I don't believe you know the answer."

WTH? Do I have to redo Skara Brae again? It sucks, its hard to even walk in a straight line there due to all the rubble.
MagicMop

Re: Skara Brae bug plz help...

Post by MagicMop »

Hmmm... after the Mayor jumps in the well... did you go to the Tortured Soul (can't remember his name... Caine?) and ask him the Life & Death question? If not then that is probably the problem...

MM :)
ultima7fan

Post by ultima7fan »

LOL, duh. I feel so silly. I didn't :o

After the mayor jumped in the well and just about all the ghosts disappeared from the tower, I thought Caine disappeared with them and my question was "answered" :/
Gradilla Dragon

Post by Gradilla Dragon »

You are explicitly told that you have to "save" all the ghosts in Skara Brae if you are to get any response from the tortured soul about your questions.
- Gradilla Dragon
Bomb Bloke

Post by Bomb Bloke »

True, but you can alos save the folks in Scara Brae without talking to Alganer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me. :P
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

He kept on asking me to speak to Rowena, saying she was at the throne on the NW part of the tower. She wasn't there, she was at the blacksmith's place.
Oh well, then you have to ask Rowena anyway, no matter where she is. If she doesn't give you the option to talk about that, see the FAQ.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!