How long until 1.2?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Trevor_Clim (damn Log in)

How long until 1.2?

Post by Trevor_Clim (damn Log in) »

hey guys :)

i can hardly await the next big update of exult!
so my question, how long must we roughly wait? (3 weeks? over 2 month?)

a roughly (!) date will satisfy me enough, just about

thx!
painful

Re: How long until 1.2?

Post by painful »

"When it's done."
-kel, ascendence.net
Darke
Site Admin

Post by Darke »

When the stars are right.

Darke
(Err... or is that when Cthulhu will return? I keep confusing the two. *noddle*)
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

They say a watched kettle never boils. This applies to Exult development too.

-Colourless Dragon
PanSola

Post by PanSola »

so now we know how to sabotage the exult project and make sure 1.2 will never happen!!! Mwahahahahahahahahaha.

*goes home to find out all the minions recruited to "watch" exult have been dispatched by the Avatar*

Damn you Avatar! Damn youuuuuuuuuuu!

d-:
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Really, we're just waiting for any critical bugs to appear, and, otherwise not touching the code. Some of the Exult members have been busy on Pentagram, and I've been busy learning to snowboard:-)

So, if nothing critical comes up in the next week or two, we'll release the current code as 1.2, and hope that this time, a killer bug doesn't show up the day after the release:-)
painful

Post by painful »

i'll personally be the one to tell you of the bug if it appears :)

regardless if it's real or not :x
-kel, ascendence.net
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

oh, please test the snapshots for bugs. I'd rather have the bugs solved in the release than having them appear afterwards :-)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Wizardry Dragon

Post by Wizardry Dragon »

But pointing out bugs is so fun!

- Wizardry Dragon
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
Lead Designer, Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands
www.thefeudallands.ca
painful

Post by painful »

I've been testing the snapshots, I got the newest one currently, and I haven't found any problems yet. Yet being the keyword there, so far everything is smooth running.
-kel, ascendence.net
Radu

Post by Radu »

Is there any list with the changes in 1.2? If so, where can I find it?
Wizardry Dragon

The changes are all in a file that comes with Exult called CHANGELOG. Read it and I'm sure you'll find that it's quite an exhaustive listing :-)

- Wizardry Dragon
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
www.thefeudallands.ca
Radu

Post by Radu »

Wait a second... I thought that 1.2 is not released yet, so then how do I get the changes that will be in that version? Or do I have to get the changelog from the CVS?
Wizardry Dragon

The CVS snapshot will have a CHANGELOG of all the changes since the last release. That would be your feature addition list, since the position of the team seems to be other than bug fixes, they're not adding anything to the code.

- Wizardry Dragon
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
www.thefeudallands.ca
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

We expect/hope that the current snapshot will become 1.2 with very few changes. I played both parts a few months ago (without cheating), and found very few problems. But everyone has a different style of playing, so we're waiting to see if anything else pops up.
Wizardry Dragon

So when is the team going to tackle the feature request list, anyways?
Is it even being looked at?

- Wizardry Dragon
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
www.thefeudallands.ca
Trevor_Clim (damn Log in)

Post by Trevor_Clim (damn Log in) »

ok three weeks are over :D

any killer-bugs appeared?

whats the current status now? how long do you want to wait until you release 1.2?
Gradilla Dragon

Post by Gradilla Dragon »

Wait until christmas and it *might* be released by then. Note that it is just as likely that it will not be released by that time.

Honestly, if you want to play, don't wait for 1.2. Just play with what's available now. It doesn't matter if you get stuck or hit a bug. Trust me, if that happens, you WILL know, and WE are here to help you out. Even when 1.2 is released, I assure you that you may end up hitting one of those unexpected plot-stopping bugs you are so afraid about. No, exult is not perfect and will never be perfect, even if it is a release.

Just go to the downloads page. If you are so afraid of the bugs, get 1.0, which is supposed to be more stable than 1.1. The only thing you will miss are some game-enhancing features.
- Gradilla Dragon

Post by Avatar »

I am the avatar who like green CHEESE
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

I'll take a look at the bug list this week. Has anyone been playing U7 lately? If it still seems okay (not necessarily perfect, but no show-stoppers), then we should be able to release any time.

I'd like to start playing with the code again.
MV

Post by MV »

Me. I'm playing TBG.

I have a couple of things:

Energy mist throws out a little "dot" that explodes like explosion. Heck, I even had it just throw a dot at a headless once as well and nothing happened. What happened to that cool green cloud thing that totally rapes everything in it's path?

I created a statue of myself when I banished the dark core on the isle of fire. Seriously, there is a "me" there and when I click on it, it says statue. I think it may have been a side effect of my being able to "walk" when the lightning was killing erstram. (See that "walk" bug below as well).

I found that I could "walk" when it was playing the animation over the life tree when I was ressurecting golems.

Enemy mages throw explosions at the party which devastates it before I get into melee range. (They never used that spell in the original). But that's just an annoyance until I got magic storm spell.

Enemy soldiers (ones that appear in chainmail), don't seem to have backpacks on their corpses anymore. I actually had to *gasp* BUY *gasp* a backpack for julia.

And speaking of which, those soldiers don't appear on the path through the wood that goes north towards where the spider silks are in the wild.

And headless don't seem to appear just south of the mountain range on the path heading west from britain either.

I'm still not a fan of the combat system where the monsters make a bee-line to where they first saw you before starting to fight.

This is in the 1.1.x 10-5-2004 snapshot.