Ultima 7 can't enter shrine of codex

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
gremcint

Ultima 7 can't enter shrine of codex

Post by gremcint »

I've got the keyring mod installed and did the quest to get the keyring, I've done all the main story up to the point where I enter the isle of the avatar to go through the final dungeon, except the statues say "thou art not on a sacred quest access denied" and I can't go it, and something prevents the carpet from landing. do I have to do the codex quest in the keyring mod to beat the game? it'd be nice if it said it changed the endgame requirements.
gremcint

Re: Ultima 7 can't enter shrine of codex

Post by gremcint »

ended up answering my own question, so apparently you don't have to do the whole quest, if you chant at one shrine with the appropriate rune 3 times then you'll be able to go in. How you're supposed to know this without looking it up escapes me. This is actually pretty frustrating addition for the mod.
gremcint

Post by gremcint »

sorry to keep posting but apparently it actually moves the endgame dungeon entrance outside of the codex shrine area, no where on the wikis for the mod does it tell you this. I ended up having to use the magic carpet to fly around the entire mountain range to make sure I wasn't screwed on the end game and then reload to avoid falling victim to the magic carpet bug.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

there are wikis for the mod?
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

I've been there. :P
Kudos to the mod creator, but I kinda wish he had made a keyring mod and left it at that.
Ammar

Post by Ammar »

I am not a fan of every addition/change the mod does (like the avatar portraits) but parts of the criticism here seems to be a bit unfair to me. The Sacred Quest is documented in the readme.txt and everyone who played previous Ultima games should be familiar with this requirement.
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

I believe you. I never played any Ultima games prior to 7 though.
I tried Ultima 6 and Underworld, but could not get into them.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

@Ammar, the Avatar portraits were recently switched back to the normal ones.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!