Are NPCs scripts still missing from Exult?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Are NPCs scripts still missing from Exult?

Post by Dominus »

I think Jeff defined the desk iitems to use fir desk schedule but left some code that referenced all frames of shape 675. need to look more closely ;)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Yes, definitely my doing. I'll fix it... just really busy with work after getting back from vacataion.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Dr.Code fixed it last night. Snapshots are available.
Thanks a lot Jeff!
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Jaana's curse

Post by Jaana's curse »

When I turned the package from batlin to minoc branch, the reward wasn't gold but the letter that was inside the box (about pedestals). I did not open the box. This happened in another situation of receiving the wrong item but forgot which one that was. I used the 1.5 snashot
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Please, don't hijack threads with unrelated bugs. Can you file a bug report with a savegame from before accepting batlins quest?
--
Read the Rules!
Malignant Manor
Site Admin

Post by Malignant Manor »

This is fixed in the latest snapshot (r7436). This is an old bug that has probably always happened. UI_remove_item removes the contents if it deletes a container. Exult wasn't doing that.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Be careful what you wish for ;)

Turns out the way the desk schedule was implemented (creating desk it ms in the NPC inventory rather than making them appear from thinnair ;)) is "dirty". It leaves desk items in the NPC inventory after the schedule finishes and this can affect usecode created items when the inventory is full (or the paperdoll slots taken).
Case in point Zulith of Fawn. After the wall of lights he should have a scroll on his body that mentions the serpent armor. But since he had no free spot, it's not there.

Edit: due to the thread attracting spam, it's closed now!
--
Read the Rules!