Having fun

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
CZAR

Having fun

Post by CZAR »

I'm having great fun changing all the schedules and locations of people on Blackgate. I am trying to get everyone to be working and living in Britain.
It makes the city actually look highly populated. I got people wandering the streets and everything. Though some are kind of weird (Trellik, and Kissme, etc). It all looks great so far.

I had to make the waitresses work 24 hours a day, but I'm sure they don't mind. I'm putting all the mayors in the city hall so it looks like they're discussing.

Unfortunatly there isn't a blacksmith shop. : (
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Having fun

Post by Dominus »

Put a blacksmith shop there with Exult Studio... :-)
sounds fun!
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

sounds like a great way to kill every NPC in a massive explosion
with all of them in Britain, you don't have to put powder kegs in every other town
it will look even better if they are all crowded together when you light the fuse
CZAR

Post by CZAR »

I like have Iskandar..that huge cycylops working with Gaye in the Clothier shop. He's always spinning wool.

I guess I should get Exult Studio then.
raven566

Post by raven566 »

About NPC schedules, I have a question. With both of the Ultima 7 add ons, the NPCs don't have a schedule, they are always doing 1 event and there is no way to give them a schedule. Strangly, all of these NPCs, like Ertherian (sp?), Tsandar, Elissa, and all of those are all set to NPC 0 when I view them. Was it like this in the original? Can this be fixed?
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

The NPCs from the Silver Seed and the Forge of Virtue aren't "real" NPCs. From an internal perspective they're more like monsters that can talk.
raven566

Post by raven566 »

Is it possible to make them "official" NPCs so we can give them a schedule and things like that?
Ignitus Dragon

Post by Ignitus Dragon »

The add-on npc's number's are above 255( I think thats the limit) and are thus randomly given a npc number.
You are only allowed those 255 npc's as far as I know.
Unless you can delete one of the main npc's...?...
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

'fraid not

The reason they are 'special' is because they're in add-ons. This means that when you installed the add-on while playing, it had to add the extra NPCs somehow. Adding 'real', numbered NPCs in mid-game isn't something you really want to do (if it was even possible in the original), so the programmers chose to create the NPCs as non-numbered instead.

For SI this happened after you talked to Karnax about the amulet.