Mountain Of Freedom

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Ompus

Mountain Of Freedom

Post by Ompus »

Ok, I've been playing SI lately, but I've found some problems this week which stopped me from moving ahead.

First, when I got at the mountain, the autonanon wasn't there, so I went into his room by double-clicking the chair, that didn't really affect anything, I guess.

Second, when I got at the mage's room (the one who transforms himself into a bear), he wasn't there as well, and the telepad was disactivated, and thus I couldn't move on.

Btw I'm using Exult 1.2, I tried the 1.4 snapshot but it didn't work as well.
And my oldest savegame is right before sleeping with Frigidazzi.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your attention
Wizardry Dragon

Re: Mountain Of Freedom

Post by Wizardry Dragon »

SI has had a variety of gamestopping bugs latetly :P

My suggestion is to hope Jeff, WJP, or Marzo find this thread and can fix it ^_~

--------
Peter M Dodge aka Wizardry Dragon
Lead Designer
Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
Lead Designer, Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands
www.thefeudallands.ca
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

Did you use any cheats (such as the teleport cheat) while playing?

If not, please submit a bug report in our bug tracker and attach a copy of the savegame you mentioned. (Before Frigidazzi.)

Bug tracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=102335
Ompus

Post by Ompus »

No cheats have been used at all.
Btw I just submited the savegame in the bug tracker
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

Thanks, but there's no savegame attached to the report. Did you check the 'attach file' checkbox?
Ompus

Post by Ompus »

Oh sorry about that, wjp, I've just uploaded the savegame on a new bug thread
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

I'm having this problem as well.
Tried the 1.4 snapshot and still won't work properly!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Actually, SI is buggy for me too. It crashes on me when I am in the crypts, right at the beginning of the game, and I finish talking with Marsten and Dupre comes along; right when I say "bye" and Marsten is getting ready to talk about Du[re the games crashes. This has happened three times in a row now.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

I tried playing with the latest snapshot, but didn't see this crash. Which version are you using?
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

I tried using 1.2 and 1.4 snapshot and had this error on both verions =/
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I'd have to look, but I think it must be 1.4 because I have the Keyring Mod on Black Gate, but I was assuming that it wouldn't have any effect on Serpent Isle, being that they're completely different programs.
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

It sounds like the same crash bug that was happening a few months ago that they fixed (I remember posting about it as well :P).

Are you sure you're running the newest version of the Exult snapshots?
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

yes i am sure
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

the 1.4 snapshot includes "SI Fixed" mod, right? If not, where could i try it?
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

the 1.4 snapshot includes "SI Fixed" mod, right?
Wrong. But the Exult source does include the mod source. There has been some discussion about putting a package for download in the downloads page, but I haven't done anything about it yet.
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

I still can't continue in the game =/
And I've tried coming to this part of game 3 times already and that happened =/
I really want to play SI tho, I loved 7BG
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

Any suggestions?
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

Still having this problem =/
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

hmmm, very strange...

Well, if you don't mind your Avatar being called Garrett and the Silver Seed already being beaten I have a savegame right at the beginning of the Mountains of Freedom. Just remove .txt from the end and it will hopefully work fine, automaton and everything.

The Serpent Crown and a few other important items are on Monitor's main street outside the provisioner's. You'll also find "Mount Guilder" outside Moonshade's forge. I think there might be some stuff in Fawn too. Yes, this savegame is messy, but it's merely the beginning of serial kleptomania, a condition that only surfaced because of the absence of carts and ships. :)

Anyway, since you're desperate to progress you could try that. I completed the game fine in the playthrough this savegame comes from, so hopefully you won't encounter any problems either.
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

Sweet!
After like 8 months waiting for an answer looks like I'll finally be able to advance =D
Thanks a lot Garrett.
I'll get the silver seed on my savegame just to have the experience of getting it, then I'll move on with your savegame.
*wonders what mount guilder is*
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Well, I was carrying all my gold/nuggers/gems/etc. on me when I went to Moonshade. There I decided to turn them into cash so I could buy spells and such.

Since my party couldn't carry all of it he put the rest "on the ground". The Avatar ended up buried in a pile of Guilders. I had to use hackmover to even get out. :) After that I didn't even need False Coin, I could just return and excavate the mountain whenever I needed to.

I later moved the rest of the mountain to the Dark Path (as illustrated above).
MV

Post by MV »

I didn't know there was that many gems/nuggets available to turn into that much money. :D

Also surprising is that the game didn't crash. I'd love to see you do that on the original serpent isle. The whole town of monitor has vanished due to a mountain of guilders. :D
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

Are there serpents gates in Moonshare? I mean, can I store my stuff in some place connected with a serpents gate?
MV

Post by MV »

Moonshade? Yea, south-east section of town, you really can't miss it.

You can store your stuff anywhere you want. Personally I use the hut just below the knights test, and after I've gone through the mountains of freedom, I use the little room that has the portals to and from the mountain (jail room in the castle).
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

There's actually a surprising amount of loot in both games. I remember a thread a while back where someone collected all the loot from both games and it was a ridiculous sum.

You've probably read Joseph Morris' anti-walkthrough where he makes "an apocalyptic sum of money" at Buccaneer's Den (129,600 gold pieces). Well, Exult can handle that sum fine, and can even safely handle 972,000 (savegames load slightly slower, but that's the only problem). So Mount Guilder was no threat either.

Try to quadruple that to 3,888,000, however, and the game starts to decompose. It gets stuck in combat mode, no object interactions work, and PCs and NPCs stop moving. Dialog and animation still work, oddly enough. Of course if I had more RAM (currently 256 MB) or wasn't running Firefox in the background the limit would probably be even higher.

Could a bigger Mount Guilder really crash Exult...? This demands investigation... for science! :)
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

I remember a thread a while back where someone collected all the loot from both games and it was a ridiculous sum.
That would have been me; the thread is this one. I have since added two small treasure caches which I somehow had missed back then, but the difference is very small.
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]