Ultima 7 online....

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Old-Son

Ultima 7 online....

Post by Old-Son »

I know its been done......but it never was finished and i know you guys are never gonna do it, but if someone else is i have a few ideas............you can actually make swords.....all the animations are there just make so you can do it yourself.......make clothes: u can make bandages y not take it a step further, mining: well all the ores are there and the pick-axe (even machines) take them to a smelter and make sword blanks......
But an exult suggestion is that u be able to sell stuff in ultima 7 part 1 black gate just like in SI......
thanx
Oldson
Trevor_Clim

Re: Ultima 7 online....

Post by Trevor_Clim »

ultima 7 online was cool, very cool...

but the exult-team said there are a lot of these online-RPGs (UO itself, Everquest,...) and making Ultima7 -online- would be useless, because there is UO, which fill the gap...

but i would like to see an "exult online"
On one server there are 8 players, every player has only one character (avatar, iolo, sentri, or someone else) to steer, and they all can go for monsterhunting!
not sooooo much work to code i think (thinking about ultima online), but would be cool :)
chris

Post by chris »

why not just make Exult have multiplayer where people can just run the server off their own computer and play with a few friends or something... either controlling a normal party character or one they choose (ie one of many character sprites from the game with a generic avatar paperdoll) that would be sweeeeeeet. I'd love to rampage through brittania like I used to ( i killed everyone possible with a set of tongs >;) ) with a couple of other folks. Make lord british fight with a close of himself... ahh those were the days.
dizrkiez

Post by dizrkiez »

so im not the only one who turned his avatar evil in the past.. that brings back so many fond memories
-kel