Mac OS X (10.6) cant find Ogg/Vorbis??

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
monotremata

Mac OS X (10.6) cant find Ogg/Vorbis??

Post by monotremata »

Havent booted into Mac OS for awhile now but decided to update my Exult SVN while I was at it.

Last time I did it, it worked perfect but today after updating my source Im running into this during ./configure:

./configure: line 17707: syntax error near unexpected token `OGG,'
./configure: line 17707: ` PKG_CHECK_MODULES(OGG, ogg >= 1.0 vorbis >= 1.0.1 vorbisfile, , as_fn_error $? "*** must have Ogg/Vorbis installed!" "$LINENO" 5)'

both libogg and libvorbis are installed via MacPorts (like I said it worked fine last time I built it a few months ago).
No amount of exporting CFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include or manually pointing any of the --with-ogg/--with-vorbis flags helped.
Is it possible Im missing something with the MacPorts install?? All the libraries and headers are in the right places in /opt/local/lib, /opt/local/include/ogg, and /opt/local/include/vorbis from what I can tell..
It can find SDL just fine just not Ogg or Vorbis.. Trying to disable the ogg and vorbis tests dont help either..
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Mac OS X (10.6) cant find Ogg/Vorbis??

Post by Dominus »

Point the pkgconfig environment at the opt/local thing. I'm not at home so I can't say what exactly to point where...
Maybe take a look at the old thread we had on compiling exult
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
monotremata

Post by monotremata »

Got it I think.. Had to install pkg-config with MacPorts, which listed ogg and vorbis as installed libraries.. Re-ran autogen.sh and then configure and now its found everything..

Odd I couldve sworn I already had pkg-config on here, but guess not??
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!
monotremata

Post by monotremata »

Aargh make starts running fine and then hits this now!

Making all in compiler
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I./../../headers -I./.. -I./../../files -I./../.. -O2 -Wno-long-long -I/opt/local/include -MT ucparse.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/ucparse.Tpo -c -o ucparse.o ucparse.cc
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `ucparse.h', needed by `uclex.o'. Stop.
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f .deps/ucparse.Tpo .deps/ucparse.Po
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I hit another error earlier which I noticed was referencing bison, so I installed bison and got past that part but then ended up here..
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Flex,lex or so

Edit, or disable usecode compiler in ./configure
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
monotremata

Post by monotremata »

It builds with disabling compiler but am I going to be missing anything by not building it??

I have flex installed as well, but still no luck with the compiler..
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

You only need the compiler if you want to compile your own usecode scripts
--
Read the Rules!
monotremata

Post by monotremata »

Ahhh gotcha!

I did find that error its stopping on in the Bug Tracker just a few minutes ago during a google search, someone posted it back in May and the fix posted was:

"It can be fixed by replacing all ucparse.h occurences with ucparse.hh in
the following files:
usecode/compiler/uclex.cc
usecode/compiler/uclex.ll
usecode/compiler/Makefile.*"

Heres the bug report
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de ... tid=102335

I did the fix and now its building with the compiler!
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

That's not a real fix, just a workaround but yeah we haven't figured out what the problem is. Probably automake.
On which version of automake are you? Running latest port of them? (Port selfupdate && port upgrade outdated)
I had hoped this was fixed in an automake update ;(
--
Read the Rules!
monotremata

Post by monotremata »

Yeah I did a redundant update of everything yesterday just to make sure. My automake/autoconf and everything are all the current versions at MacPorts.

Its wierd, like I said it worked fine on my last build but that was a few months ago, and Ive been running Ubuntu on my Mac mainly since I last did it so nothing on my Mac shouldve changed at all. When I started to build it the other day I had actually forgotten I even had all the MacPorts stuff setup and started manually building and installing SDL and Vorbis before I went 'oh oops already got it'..

Oh well these errors are fun cause everytime something like this happens I learn abit more about my configure options hehe. Now Ive finally got a static Exult app since I actually read the --help options the other day hahaha.
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

(Or you could have read the Readme.macosx ;))
--
Read the Rules!
monotremata

Post by monotremata »

Oh come on thats too easy!! :D
(Actually thats where I got your instructions for building with static libraries hehe)
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!
hara

Post by hara »

hi!
First: you great good job by transferring to mobile devices, finally time to play ultima:)

second: it works not perfectly...the music is not working, maybe is in the wrong path. I followed the instructions and created a folder games/exult/music on phonecard and on sd card. put the files in.. but not working, maybe is cause the directories have changed? I have a galaxy note 2.

and the last... whats about serpent isle? in the main menu i can click just on black gate, its there two times, both leading through black gate, not serpents isle :(
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Please don't hijack threads with off topic stuff. Which android version, which bg and si version (floppy, cd or gog)?
--
Read the Rules!