Suggestion for 1.5

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Shaun

Suggestion for 1.5

Post by Shaun »

SO, I was playing 1.4 along with the fan patch made, and I was thinking that it would be great to have someone alter the game so that there are more responses when the Fellowship is found out. It might just require a few map changes and dialogue additions, though I admittedly don't know how much real work it would take. Here's what this might add:

* 1 dungeon underneath Castle British with at least 5 jail cells (like what was done with the basement added to Serpent's Hold).
* New dialogue for Lord British. After Alagnar's death, Avatar can share new info with LB about Fellowship. LB asks Avatar for more evidence. After Avatar makes Batlin flee by using Cube, Avatar can share new info with LB, causing LB to proclaim the Fellowship outlawed (perhaps he says something to Geoffrey along the lines of mobilizing the guards).
* At this point, all nightly Fellowship meetings cease for the rest of the game.
* Fellowship leaders of Trinsic, Minoc, Moonglow, Terfin and Buccaneer's Den all appear in jail cells in Castle dungeon. Cube can be used on all to get confessions (new dialog for leaders of Terfin and Moonglow who normally admit nothing).
* Guards appear at all Fellowship halls. All halls change to appear ransacked by guards (If changing dialogue includes having to "kill" original NPCs, their "bodies" can appear in the ransacked halls as empty bags, barrels, crates, etc.). Perhaps all guards at halls will give some manner of "all clear" or "area secured" message for Avatar if questioned.
* All Fellowship members express messages of confusion, shock, anger or sadness when questioned about the "Fellowship" instead of the standard sermon they all give usually.

Anyway, I have no idea how complicated this would be to do. I just have ideas and I admittedly have no idea about the real inner workings of the system. Anyway, I think doing something like this would make the game experience more dynamic overall, and Lord British wouldn't look like such a clueless dunce! It's just an idea I guess.
Crysta the Elf

Re: Suggestion for 1.5

Post by Crysta the Elf »

i doubt that would work for main exult's 1.5.. but for a side project like.. TFL.. it could happen :P
MkM

Post by MkM »

New basements? That sounds nice.
How about basements in the Stonegate? There should be lots of space, in the swamp.
Andrea B Previtera

Post by Andrea B Previtera »

Why in the swamp? The most beautiful and useful addition of the Exult engine compared to the original U7 are *multiple maps*. Using those, you could build basements practically for every building in the world :) (or have a whole huge 2nd world map which is "the underground", just like the way U6 was structured)
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Since the new map function duplicates the first map's default terrain (at least when I last tried it) there's probably nothing to be gained by using a different map for each dungeon.

These are some good ideas. All this definitely makes sense, but since these are plotholes rather than bugs they certainly won't be addressed in a core build.
Scythifuge

Post by Scythifuge »

Recreating the sewers from Ultima VI would be both cool, and realistic. I always thought that the sewers being there in VI, missing in VII, only to reappear in UW-II was very strange.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Duplicating the terrain should be an option when you create the new map. So you probably wouldn't want this if you're creating new dungeons or the underworld.