Eiko and Amanda

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Azulmagia

Eiko and Amanda

Post by Azulmagia »

Playing with Exult, i've never managed to get the Deceit subquest working. I can tell Iskander about E&A's intentions, but then the option to dissuade the sisters won't appear when i go back to speak with them. I remember that in the original, Eiko convinced her sister of abandoning their quest. Yet in all the times i have completed BG in Exult, i never managed to make it happen.
Wizardry Dragon

Re: Eiko and Amanda

Post by Wizardry Dragon »

On a complete tangeant, anyone ever notice that the antagonists are 'E&A' and the generators are the shapes of EA's old logo? ^_~

--------
Peter M Dodge aka Peter M Dodge
Lead Designer
Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
Lead Designer, Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands
www.thefeudallands.ca
pak150

Post by pak150 »

Yeah - I read that on Wikipedia - I never knew when I played U7 way back when they were involved in such a nasty acquisition. It's funny to play it again with that in perspective.
Azulmagia

Post by Azulmagia »

EA truly are the destroyers of worlds... and of good games.
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

That was what the gimmick was with that weird item on Mythran's shelf in U8, too. The EA logo shapes and the comments the Avatar makes when you try to use it.

Neutronium Dragon
Wizardry Dragon

Post by Wizardry Dragon »

In either event, Azulmagia: -its- been -years- since I played through that bit, but I'll go try and track it down and get back to you on my results.

--------
Peter M Dodge aka Wizardry Dragon
Lead Designer
Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
Lead Designer, Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands
www.thefeudallands.ca
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

I never even knew that you were supposed to be able to resolve that peacefully.
Andrea B Previtera

Post by Andrea B Previtera »

Yes I've wondered about this quest too, always. I developed an obsession for it trying to complete it in every possible way, back in 1993. What I think is that, to make it work as whoever designed the quest thought it originally, the coders needed dynamic schedules. Infact Eiko and Amanda should return to their town and live a normal life. Dynamic schedules weren't implemented... and so they're stuck forever in a tunnel, endlessly waiting for a cyclop who will never come.
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

Hmm. That is something which can be done in Exult (as it allows SI's schedule intrinsics). Maybe something else for the Keyring mod... along with the monk lost in Despise.
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
Azulmagia

Post by Azulmagia »

And of course, don't forget Garok Al-Mat (i only found about his existence in my last playthrough)... it's amusing that even as you find him only once, he has two different speech patterns; pre-tetrahedron and post-tetrahedron... interesting to have a more-than-minor character so developed.