New Paperdoll Graphics II

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Crysta the Elf

Re: New Paperdoll Graphics II

Post by Crysta the Elf »

like he said.. i draw. i post.. then he inserts when he can :P

im sure he'll say when the next batch is in.. lol
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Artaxerxes: Don't you dare!!!
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

go for it At. :P
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

just a minor update.... rest of the male clothes should be done soon.. but im probably going to do a fellowship staff design tonight :)

i was thinking about it.. and i realized that while the current one IS really good, its not all that accurate.. and with a bit of searching i was able to fish up the resource material i needed.. soooo.... yeah :p
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

Angles. Suck.

Drew the staff tip then turned it. thats the best it could possible be.. lol... at least its not that bad. :P

Basically, the tip of the staff is supposed to be the Fellowship symbol of the T, U, and W for their beliefs system.. when you know its what youre looking for its a lot easier to see it on the in-game sprites. ^_^

Put in the non-turned tip for further reference for no particular reason.
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

example, and back sprite... lines up the same as the current one

and yeah, it looks bad, but it really isnt possible to do much better
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

i noticed today that shield backs arent working right in exult.. and, moreso, are largely unfinished even in the SI graphics, which is odd

therefore...

from left to right:

wooden shield (already in the SI graphics but not being used in BG or SI for some reason..), SI spiked shield (needed the notch marks which were wooden sheild-native removed), buckler/black shield (same, as well as recolor), my BG spiked shield back reedited for the notch removal mentioned above, and the SI door shield, which for some reason wasnt even started in the SI graphic files

now. like i said, aside from the BG spiked shield which WJP fixed, all shields in BG AND SI are using the heater back (and the back fits all of the heater shape shields well without recoloring.. lol), even though the round back is in memory (wooden shield at least), so these will need to be put in for both BG and SI as maked (aside from the buckler, which should be in both)

:)
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

Wow thats good stuff i'm seeing in this thread! You think that you guys can possibly bring over the Death Scythe to Serpents Isle?
Beldavid

Post by Beldavid »

Is there ANY way to make a new Spark paperdoll, I mean I'm sure Spark is a buff kid but that is ridiculous.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

*I* think the best way to handle Spark would be to turn off SI paperdolls for him. For the reasons why it is kind of hard (if not impossible) to make a new paperdoll for him - search the forum...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

actually, it would be a lot of work.. but id be more than willing to work on it

all i need to do is email someone about getting a version of their smaller spark paperdoll with arms and torso seperate and i could probably have the art for it done in a few months :P

(id prefer to take my time with it to make sure its all right ;)
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Great work! If I might make one request, please do the hawk (or was that a falcon?). The current paperdoll art for it looks like a fowl.
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

i.. dont think im even going to try on the hawk.. ^_^;;

i dont think id be able to do well enough with it to justify trying.. especially since what we have is quite decent already..
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

male hoods... jsut needed a bit of tweaking like I thought :P
yhevhe

Post by yhevhe »

But there isn't already a Spark paperdoll were he's not that buff? It's in a not so old thread in the phorum.
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

yes, that was the one i was talking about :)
but, i need a version where the arms, torso, and head are seperate.. and has the other two sets of arms... i need em that way to be able to do the clothes :P
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

Ahhh man! So the Death Scythe is out of the question!?
Uncle Rico: Napoleon, you know we can't afford the fun pack. What, do you think money grows on trees in this family? Take it back! And get some Pampers for you and your brother while you're at it.
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

no... i just wanna finish the last few clothing pieces before i start on anything that isnt exactly needed :P
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

To Vasculio: besides Crysta's answer, I think that you have asked for this in the wrong thread. Adding the Death Scythe in SI means more than making paperdolls for it...
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

If shouldn't be too difficult? Copy the default paperdoll scythe from SI recolor it Blue. Just copy the little scythe from Black Gate over along with the stats and all. I'm sure one of you can pull it off!
cyberfugue

Post by cyberfugue »

Crysta, I just have to say that you rock.
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

I agree! Crysta has skill!
Uncle Rico: Napoleon, you know we can't afford the fun pack. What, do you think money grows on trees in this family? Take it back! And get some Pampers for you and your brother while you're at it.
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

nahhh.. ive just been lucky so far.. heh......
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

just realized the female avatar costume would have to be like this due to the multiracial avatars... its this or thre seperate versions.. one for each skin color.. lol
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

If i was skill as Crysta!

I'd fix the female paperdolls. I'd take away the scary freakish muscles, especially in the legs and give them better hair. Then i fix the faces.
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

i like the muscles on them.. shows off how strong they are :P
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

How do you post pictures?
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

Nevermind! I have a link from my yahoo photo album

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vasculio/ ... ce&.src=ph
artaxerxes
Site Admin

Post by artaxerxes »

Dominus wrote:
>
> *I* think the best way to handle Spark would be to turn off
> SI paperdolls for him.

That's a pretty bold statement, but probably the safest move.
The other option I like is to scale down via the engine. When an item is dropped on Spark, there is a 35% size reduction all around. This way, there is no issues with hotspots and all.

Artaxerxes
yhevhe

Post by yhevhe »

Just a question... is there a way to make a character's paperdoll change when triggered by something (let's say, a level up)? So to change a not buff paperdoll to a buff one when the character has enough strenght?
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

actually.. im gonna go with what Dom said too, at least until i can get the resized art done... fact is... would have had to be done eventually ANYWAY to get Trellek working... so why not set it up now?

ah! a BETTER idea! know that smaller spark paperdoll? why dont i resprite it so it has his proper clothes on, then add in the lines form teh normal BG paperdoll.. and we use that instead when SI ones are active? so it retains teh same look.. just less interactivity
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

er.. and ill make sure the original artist OKs the use of it too.. dont worry, im not THAT stupid :P
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

er.. can someone get into contact with Berty Zhang for me? i cant get 'is email to work...
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

the male shirt, as well as various updates to several pieces :P

just the pants left now...

:)
nex666

Post by nex666 »

The shirt looks great :)
Maybe take out a bit of the contrast on the sleeves though
"So close to my mind and my heart, So far away from my arms and my body"
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

better?
dag

Post by dag »

this rocks, and it rocks a lot.
crysta, your art is astonishing. you really got it; i am looking forward to seeing these pics in the next stable release! :-))
BC

Spark paperdoll

Post by BC »

I think that if new art is done, armor for Spark it should look too big for him. For instance chain mail should hang down to his knees. He is wearing the same size armor as everyone else.
Orioneth

Post by Orioneth »

I never thought Jaana's hawk would be held, more that it would fly around Jaana or sit on her arm. Would it be possible for its graphic (if you ever do it) to reflect that? Would that change your stance on doing the hawk?

:-)

Anyway, amazing work!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I think that if new art is done, armor for Spark it should look too big for him. For instance chain mail should hang down to his knees. He is wearing the same size armor as everyone else.
I really don't get it why people are SO fixated on getting Spark done more realistic. We already have armor fitting tight on males and females (one size fits all), why not do the same for Spark?
--
Read the Rules!
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

i can tell you that if i do armor for him im gonna say to heck with realistic and make it fit him ^_^;

and as to the hawk.. i still dunno...
BC

Post by BC »

Personally I just like the extra detail, its not so much about realism. A smaller Spark with the normal armor would be a big improvement. But oversized armor would be unique and feel less generic in my opinion. His sprites are so small compared to other NPCs that it seems appropriate.

Its like the difference between NPC sprites in Blackgate and SI. SI's variety adds a lot to the game atmosphere.
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

well I still think it should just fit him xP
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

The green shirt is awsome! :)
Paulon

Post by Paulon »

I figure magical armor should fit Spark just fine. It should be magical 'One Size Fits All' kind of stuff shouldn't it?
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

yeah.. but im sayin ALL armors :P
nex666

Post by nex666 »

Hehe, yes Crysta that does look better :)
They're looking great, can't wait till your next set. This is just about the only thing i look at in these forums anymore.
"So close to my mind and my heart, So far away from my arms and my body"
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

well.. my "next set" would be the last.. the pants... guess im stallin on purpose cause as soon as they're done ill have nothin left to do :P
Natreg

Post by Natreg »

well, you could do some companions costumes (like the Avatar costume in BG, so the companions look like their paperdolls and sprites in the original Ultima VII :P
Timo Takalo

Post by Timo Takalo »

*remembers Iolo's monk robe* I don't think that would work all that well.