Question about curing Cantra

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Achile

Re: Question about curing Cantra

Post by Achile »

There is 2 bugs

1) I can get down the stairs

2) The wall change constantly and I can pass through wall even I'm not in Etheral mode
Achile

Post by Achile »

Never mind it fixed. I have pointed to interactions patch :P
Achile

Post by Achile »

Captain Hawk, before he dies, give you a key to his room and says that you inherit the Arabella. It should be implemented
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

i agree on that one.. get rid of the egg that kills hawk adn let him give you the ship and key, even though the ship is landlocked... its a bit cooler than jsut nabbin it offa his corpse.... might also move Enscorcio to the Magelord palace and have Torissio stay at his place, too... i mean, teh conversations are done and cool.. why not?
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

These are not really bugs, as they were intentionally disabled by the SI devs. When people start working on restoring the cut plot, with the banes taking over the cities, *then* I will be there helping them and restoring those.
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I agree with Marzo here.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

sounds good :P
Achile

Post by Achile »

Now that we can cure Cantra what water should I use Logic or Ethic
Achile

Post by Achile »

BTW, hope you release it soon.
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

i thought of something that could use fixing in both games :P

inns... most innkeepers say explicitly that their keys will only work for one night.. but they work forevermore afterwards.. maybe some way to get them to actually work for just a single night? :P
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

Yeah, I have it already fixed for BG (to be released with the keyring mod + Codex shrine et al). But I will port it to SI too, I had forgotten about it.
------
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

well, forget i said it then, and thank you muchly XD
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

i have another random suggestion on something that could be done that i just remembered

black gate has mongbat corpses, but no gazer corpses

serpent isle has gazer corpses, but no mongbat corpses

i know BG's gazer was like that to remain true to older manuals.. but seeing as they added it in SI anyway...

at least theres no reason for mongbats to not have corpses in SI :P
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

Unfortunatelly, corpses are hard-coded in Exult. So there is nothing I can do about either...
------
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

doh.. ah well ^_^;
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

Hmmm... about inn keys in SI: it will be kind of hard to make them work right. The problem is, of course, the keyring -- the player can "steal" the key permanently, bypassing the keyring usecode entirely, simply by using the keyring auto-add.
------
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

im sure he has a way around it :P

what about using some more of the unused animation frames for various NPCs? like the barkeeper wiping off tables, and the guards with the horns to be used in LB's throne room
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Would a "remove_from_keyring" intrinsic help?
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

Certainly. Using is_on_keyring with this new remove_from_keyring would do the trick.
------
Christophe

Post by Christophe »

I always though that the Firesnake spell didn't work because it was strongly attuned to the forces of chaos and the imbablance thus made it ineffective :)
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

It was actually because they never finished coding it (thanks, EA). All spells that don't work because of the Imbalance (such as Time Stop and Blink) have the casting animations -- and only them. Firesnake didn't have the casting animations, but it had a lot more usecode than that. Looking at that usecode, you see that there are several functions dedicated to it, which strongly suggests that they intended Firesnake to be in the game up to the last minute. With some very minor changes it even becomes partially functional. It is too bad that I looked at the usecode only after I had coded my own from scratch...
------
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

how different is the one that was left in partially from yours?
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

In terms of general idea, not very much -- in both there is a stream of fire fields that should go from caster to target and explode. In terms of actual implementation, they are extremely dissimilar.

Due to a few "bugs" (I actually think that it was they way the devs used to disable it), the original does not work at all. With a minor change, it creates a fire field in front of the avatar (much like the Black Sword); but I haven't yet figured how to make the original fully functional.

Oh, and out of curiosity: the usecode for the Black Sword's "Fire" power is remarkably similar to that of the Fire Snake spell in SI. Which is why when I release my BG mod, they will work exactly alike.
------
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

ah.. cool :)
Achile

Post by Achile »

I try the water of logic on Cantra, it dosen't work
I try the water of discipline on Cantra, it dosen't work

What water should I use to cure her
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

Urgh... this one is my fault. I added a "shape#" where it shouldn't be, hence preventing the cure from working. Water of Logic should cure her... and does, when this stupid bug is fixed :-)
------
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

maybe thats a good reason to bring it out early? lol
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

Err... my memory is hazy, but wasn't Cantra possessed by the Wantonness Bane? From what I recall, it went to Gwenno and then hopped to her before being captured by Batlin, thus giving them both similar lines while crazy. That would make Discipline the right water to use.

Neutronium Dragon
Achile

Post by Achile »

Try to talk to her when she's insane. She try to says that you are Cantra not her

So she have definitly madness
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

That was slightly changed by the patch DrCode made. Gwenno was left possessed by the Wantoness bane, but he switched Cantra to the Insanity bane. I just followed suit, as I liked the idea.
------
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

One thing that I was thinking that is quite ironic: due to a bug in the SI (bug) Fixes, Cantra cannot currently be cured yet -- and this is exactly the bug fix that was chosen in Aiera to announce the mod. Heh...
------
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

Can you add Sethys to the Hour Glass of Fate?
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

Why? He is supposed to die in a non-resurrectable way so the plot can move forward... there wouldn't be much point.
------
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

Author: Marzo Sette Torres Junior (---.bhz.virtua.com.br)
Date: 06-27-05 22:32

Why? He is supposed to die in a non-resurrectable way so the plot can move forward... there wouldn't be much point.

Reply:

I know!

But i'd like him to be resurrectable! I know a way to get him out of the temple without aging him to death.

Besides. You don't really need to Sethys with you to speak with the Chaos Lord. The Serpent Gem that he carries. Thats what you need to have on you to speak with him.

In my game. Sethys stays in the temple! All i do is cast Vibrate on him. Collect the gem volia he lives.

Come on!

I do this trick with Mortegro all the time. He is... after all my favorite character. Whats cool he can be resurrect by the hour glass of fate. But i'd also like Sethys to be able to get resurrect by the hour glass of fate too.

And can you possible consider making Wilfred resurrectable too?
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

I added the 'remove_from_keying' intrinsic. It's not tested at all (too lazy here), so let me know of any problems. Also, the shape browsers in ES should scroll correctly now, and much more smoothly. I rewrote a bunch of code, so there may be some breakage there...
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

To Vasculio: I am sorry, but I am writing *fixes*. What you are asking for is not a fix; it is stated directly in game (by Xenka or one of her monks, I am not sure) that Sethys is being protected by the power of the Temple of Tolerance. Thus he is *supposed* to remain there, and to age instantly if he leaves (having been there ever since around U3 or so) and to change that would actually be "breaking" the game. So no -- I won't do it.

I agree that Mortegro should not suffer such a dumb fate -- he should at least be alive somewhere else (being hit by red lightning and all).

And Wilfred -- he is supposed to bolt from the party if he is hurt too bad. If this isn't working as it should, then that is what I would fix.
------
WWWWolf

Post by WWWWolf »

Here's one bug, or rather, a small annoyance that bugs me: When you quite unceremoniously cure the third companion, Xenka returns, precise as ever. Which means that I have two of the companions in party and have to talk to the third after the Xenka scene. And I'm bored to death by the dialogue.

Just a suggestion: Please give the characters something to say as they're cured (I always found it a bit silly when they don't even flinch when you resurrect and cure them, and behave just as if they had never even been killed, possessed, killed again, and gone insane!) and - most importantly - make them *automatically rejoin the party* as soon as they're cured!

(Also, one more thing - though this goes more in the "restoring cut plot" department - the monks should say something about Xenka after they return, along the lines of "we kept waiting for her for decades and this is how she repays that, by calling us fools? *sigh*")
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

automatically rejoining the party is not desireable. I don't know if Exult enforces the limit of companions, but if you have a couple of automatons in your party, having the companions automatically join could break the game.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

Just a suggestion: Please give the characters something to say as they're cured
That is a nice idea.
(I always found it a bit silly when they don't even flinch when you resurrect and cure them, and behave just as if they had never even been killed, possessed, killed again, and gone insane!)
Just to be nitpicky: they are not killed before being possessed :-)
most importantly - make them *automatically rejoin the party* as soon as they're cured!
That is a bit more complicated as the player can have substitutes in the party (e.g., automata) when curing the companions; it is possible that there won't be room for the companion...
------
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

I've e-mailed the new version of SI Fixes to Aiera and DrCode (for adding to the content dir). Here is the list of changes from the last version (straight from the readme):

- Reorganized file structure.
- Readme file had one omission: Basement of Temple of Tolerance was misidentified as being "Temple of Logic" by "Locate" spell.
- Cantra's healing now actually works...
- If you prefer 24-hour time, you can have it. Find the following line in usecode.uc and remove the starting double-slash:
//#include "items/time_tellers.uc";
You will have to recompile the usecode afterwards, but it is not too hard.
- After being cured of insanity, the Companions will thank the Avatar for it. They will also join *before* Xenka is summoned.
- Fixed a few bugs on the exchanged item list when you find out the origins of the items. Specifically, the lab apparatus, the fur cap, the bear skull and the plain shield had a few problems.
- Fawn Tower is properly cleaned up. Goblins no longer spawn after it is cleaned up (unless the banes have been released) and the broken dishes all go away.
- When you get Dupre's shield back from Luther, you now really give him his shield back. The exchanged item list also registers that.
- Iolo's lute is no longer duplicated by the Teleport Storm on Fawn -- a regular lute appears instead.
- Inn keys are now reclaimed by the innkeepers when you are leaving the inn. They will lock the doors and make the beds too. Innkeepers will also drop inn keys when the banes are released (or, in Simon's case, when he is slain).
- The Vibrate spell no longer makes you drop the Usecode container, nor its contents.
- Slightly modified the Firesnake spell.
- Spells. I took Neutronium Dragon's suggestions for Erstam's Surprise and Vibrate.
------
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

sweet.. cant wait to try it :D
Achile

Post by Achile »

Me too

:P
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

- Fawn Tower is properly cleaned up. Goblins no longer spawn after it is cleaned up (unless the banes have been released) and the broken dishes all go away.
Anyone else think the guards are just really messy, and too lazy to clean up after themselves?
They can always get new plates from Fawn. :)
yhevhe

Post by yhevhe »

Just a question... aren't banes just against everything? Humans, goblins, gargoyles? (I think they killed Frigidazzi's goblin). And... you destroyed the goblin town and supposedly anihilated them entirely.
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

Tell that to the goblins you find in Monitor after the banes are released :-)
------
Achile

Post by Achile »

Well it's seem that Aiera dosen't have posted the SI Fixes since two days. Strange.

Hope he/she is not in vacation.

:(
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

In any case, the mod is now available from the Exult CVS snashots too; the usecode file has to be compiled by hand, though, but it isn't hard to do.
------
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

What bothers me is that the fact that Automatons can't level grrr
Uncle Rico: Napoleon, you know we can't afford the fun pack. What, do you think money grows on trees in this family? Take it back! And get some Pampers for you and your brother while you're at it.
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

Updated: What bothers me is that the Automatons can't level up grrr
Uncle Rico: Napoleon, you know we can't afford the fun pack. What, do you think money grows on trees in this family? Take it back! And get some Pampers for you and your brother while you're at it.
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

While it bothers me too, this is an explicit design decision made by the SI devs, not a bug.
------