installing U7

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Anton

installing U7

Post by Anton »

Okay, I have a copy of the Complete U7 and I think I have successfully installed in on my hard drive. The location is C:\Documents and Settings.
Then I downloaded Exult, the location is C:\Program Files\Exult. When I click on the exult icon a window comes up saying "warning exult could not find the files for ultima7 - edit the configuration and restart". Am I doing something wrong? I hate to waste anyones time, but my computer skills are sadly lacking, I just want to play the game again.
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: installing U7

Post by Dominus »

you have to locate the static folder of the games and then edit exult.cfg and point to the location the static folder is in.
For example if Black Gate (Ultima 7 part 1) is located in
C:\Documents and Settings\Complete U7\Black Gate then you have to enter that path in exult.cfg (look up the documentation for details).
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Anton

Post by Anton »

Thanks for responding Dominus. I have looked up the details in the documentation, and read the F.A.Q., however it is all greek to me. I don't know how to actually go about "editing a configuration" or setting a path" because, as I said, my computer skills are lacking. I guess until there is an Exult For Dummies program that tells you step by step how to actually do any of this I'm out of luck. Oh well, maybe someday. Once again, thanks for your time. Anton
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

I thought the windows installer sets up the configuration files automatically?
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

It does
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

you can either install exult again and this time enter the correct paths, or you can edit exult.cfg with notepad (in the start menu go to "run" and type notepad "C:\Program Files\Exult\exult.cfg".
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Anton

Post by Anton »

Thanks Dominus, I got it working. What a kick!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

congratulations. Hope you'll enjoy the game now!
--
Read the Rules!