Boom

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Bomb Bloke

Boom

Post by Bomb Bloke »

I stuck this in the bug tracker, along with a bunch of other bugs, but I don't know whether anyone looked at it.

I'm just wondering if it's still possible to attack people with unlimited explosive kegs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me. :P
SB-X

Re: Boom

Post by SB-X »

Yes!

Um, but what do you mean by unlimited?
CheshireKatt

Post by CheshireKatt »

Exult will let you wield powder kegs as weapons (and it considers them to be weapons for the "I'm not wielding a weapon, but I've just been put into combat mode -- quick, let's rummage through my bags and auto-wield something" case too).

Essentially, what happens, is that the powder keg is used as a melee-range explosive punching attack of doom. With unlimited uses, because if kegs have charges like wands do, well, 1.2 doesn't care about either. Funny, confusing until you figure out what the heck is going on, and generally gets your party killed when they clump around your foe and you start punching with your mighty explosive fists.

And yes, I played through both BG and SI recently on 1.2, and the explosive kegfists are still going strong.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

he he, nice exploit :-)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
BH4(PC)

....Boom

Post by BH4(PC) »

.. Hilarious. :- Þ Quite so. I wonder if you could do this with the Ritual Bloodletting Device. (Though I highly doubt it.) You could disarm the Avatar of everything except for that in his backpack, and when you enter combat, he'll automatically wield it in his hand, and whenever he goes out to strike something, the crosshairs appears and the game pauses. .. Darn awesome. ^_^;'

Awesome, CheshireKatt. ;)
CheshireKatt

Post by CheshireKatt »

I don't know that I'd exactly call it a "nice" exploit, given that it tended to murder my entire party, but...

It IS amazing for solo combat, however, as the wielder seems to be immune to the explosion he's wielding.

But yes, there is something to be said about punching someone hard enough that he explodes.

I don't think this works with the Ritual Blooding Device, because the RBD's effect is only script-triggered. I believe the keg works because it has weapon properties (damage, explosion effect) because I seem to recall it is also a missile, and I'd imagine the usecode script simply shoots it when doubleclicked. Exult reads that it has a damage stat, but not that it is ammo (like arrows or bolts), and so lets you wield it, to rather hilarious effect.

Sadly, it's not nearly as cool as wielding Mortegro's Death Bolt.
Bomb Bloke

Post by Bomb Bloke »

I don't consider it an exploit, more of a glitch. It slows the game down when you and your party are running around, half a dozen goblins are running around, and half your squad are carrying kegs... :(

As I said, I was just transporting the kegs somewhere else when I got attacked in Monitor.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me. :P
CheshireKatt

Post by CheshireKatt »

I think I first found it one time I was raiding Lord British's walls for surplus kegs for my collection, and when I left I'd decided I'd had enough of that dang moat-squid and attacked him. Suddenly, Iolo was a crater, Spark and Dupre were fleeing, and Shamino wasn't looking as youthful as normal, and I couldn't figure out why this squid seemed to have explosive tentacles.

Sure was funny, though.