Serpent Isle - Thoxa's questions

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
marcus

Serpent Isle - Thoxa's questions

Post by marcus »

I bought the cd for U7 Black Gate/Forge of Virtue and Serpent Isle/Silver Seed a long time ago... so i cant find the manual anymore. Does anyone have the answers to Thoxa's questions so that I can play the game? If not, this could really suck. Let me know. Thank you.
e.mail me at jimmystylet38@aol.com or marcus@ooomg.com

be blessed
-marcus
Skutarth

Re: Serpent Isle - Thoxa's questions

Post by Skutarth »

I'm sorry, but the answers to the copyright protection questions cannot be posted here. The answers for Trinsic in The Black Gate, however, are available at:
http://www.uo.com/archive/ultima7/coord.html
marcus

Post by marcus »

yeah, ive got the cloth map for the blackgate and all that jazz...i just cant find the guide for serpent isle...its killing me. ya sure you cant e.mail them to me? i really dont wanna have to buy it again off of ebay. i can scan all the appropriate documents that i do have. ha.

thanks.
Sir Duddley Dupres

Post by Sir Duddley Dupres »

some pages say that origin has set the copyright protection free so that everyone can show it on their fan pages
look here:
*removed by colourless*
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

It is not acceptable to post links to sites giving out the answers either.

Unless we see proof from Electronic Arts that it ok to post copy protection answers, you will NOT post them here, you will NOT give people links to them, and you will NOT tell them where to go to get them.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Not to mention that if you have them on CD the manual is most likely on the CD in pdf (if it is the old EA Classic CD-Version) or in varios forms if it is the Ultima Collection.
Another nice thing about Exult is that you can have the pdf open while playing so finding the correct answers should be a breeze.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Sir Duddley Dupres

Post by Sir Duddley Dupres »

but on this page it is said
i cite:

In this page you will find the answers to all the copy protection answers in the whole Ultima series. I compiled this information on Thursday 29th August 2002, for the comfort of those who have legal copies of the games and either misplaced their copy protection answers or whatever. I understand that these answers are legal, because they can be found on Origin's own website.

citation end
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

If it's on Origin's own website, link to them, don't copy them.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

It's a common mistake to think that just because the BG answers are on the Origin-owned site that the SI ones are there as well.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Skutarth

Post by Skutarth »

Again, the only answers they give are to get out of Trinsic, and those can be found here:
http://www.uo.com/archive/ultima7/coord.html
artaxerxes
Site Admin

Post by artaxerxes »

and if you are so inclined, you could study the usecode file, since the answers are in it.

Artaxerxes
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

but a word of advice, studying the usecode is considered a mental health risk
--
Read the Rules!
486DX2/66 Dragon

Post by 486DX2/66 Dragon »

It is not acceptable to post links to sites giving out the answers either.

But technically it is ok to give a google link right? :)
Google's search results do not contail copyrighted material. Its link do.

So...[edited by Dominus]

NO! it is not okay.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

This thread is close to being shut down!
--
Read the Rules!
Tristan de Inés

Post by Tristan de Inés »

Dominus is going to set up us the bomb!!!

Sorry... This thread is hillarious.
DreamMaster

Post by DreamMaster »

OMG. It's DECSS all over again. Now they're banning links to links to naughty material. :)

DreamMaster.
Darke
Site Admin

Post by Darke »

Nah. I think most of us are just getting bored of this.

This thread (or one about 'where do I download u7 from?') pops up once every couple of months, despite the fact we're explicitly asked in the FAQ and the forum 'readme' not to ask about it.

One (or more) dev team members repond to it, saying "don't do that", yet another argument occurs that there's no harm in giving links, along with us responding along the likes of "we don't care, we asked you not to do that." All of this distracting us with doing vaguely more worthwhile things with our time, such as clipping our toe nails, polishing our silverware, or cleaning the toilet (which is really what I should be doing, got most of the way through cleaning the bathroom, came out to have a bit of a rest, and, well... but I digress.)

All that happens is the thread peters our or people get pissed off enough to kill it. All over something that if someone spent less then 10 seconds on google, they'd find it themselves.

This isn't the forum to argue international copyright laws, or fight against stupid copy protection, guys. We know the rules, I at least dislike them, (as would I guess the rest of the team, I'd think we'd all love to be able to legally distribute u7+exult to everyone we could), but we know them, and are stuck complying with them.

So can you all go back to talking about something a bit more, I dunno, *relevant* to exult now? There's an interesting thread on funweird stuff to do in britannia to comment on. I at least have a toilet I need to clean.

Darke
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

May as well give my usual reply: Go pester EA to sell the old Ultima games so you can get a legal copy with all the info. Let them know there's still demand for classic RPG's.
Skutarth

Post by Skutarth »