Scroll Base Quest Item

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Vasculio294

Scroll Base Quest Item

Post by Vasculio294 »

Okay, i have issue with a quest. I was quested to deliver a bill to Lord Heather of Cove to sign. When he does, he forgets give me back the signed bill.
Uncle Rico: Napoleon, you know we can't afford the fun pack. What, do you think money grows on trees in this family? Take it back! And get some Pampers for you and your brother while you're at it.
Gotcha!

Re: Scroll Base Quest Item

Post by Gotcha! »

I have to ask, is one of your companions carrying it somewhere? (Look inside bags too, just in case.)
SnappyBones

Post by SnappyBones »

I just verified it-- he does give you back the scroll (under normal circumstances). In fact I'm not entirely sure it even leaves your inventory to begin with. It is just labeled as a generic "scroll" however.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

If I remember correctly, the way BG usecode handles items is not as robust as SI. This can cause items that are intended to be given to an overloaded Avatar not being created within the party at all.
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

In vanilla, probably not really robust in SI either; I recall being overloaded and getting only three of the five Varo leaves.
Sorry, Avatar, you got to suck it up and endure I guess.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

Perma-poisoned Avatar sounds a bit funny, except for Shamino's interjections.

In SI the usecode is supposed to try the Avatar first, then the rest of the party (in party order, I believe) and then place the items on the ground. So I am surprised the extra Varo leaves were not placed there.
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

Hmm, maybe they got dropped then, behind a wall, or were hard to see when lying on the ground in Delphynia's muddy plant yard. *ponder*