Cheat Implementation (Stuck on Torrissio)

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Volatios Dragon

Cheat Implementation (Stuck on Torrissio)

Post by Volatios Dragon »

Man, is Exult awesome. I really can't get over what an AMAZING undertaking this is, and that's not just obligatory fluff before I get to the heart of what I'm really writing for: are there any plans to get the cheats fully implemented? The reason I ask is that I've hit a wall in Serpent Isle, one I actually hit before, way back in the day, but managed to completely forget about: I gave Torrissio the Philanderer's Friend by mistake, killed him to get it back, and now realize I need him alive to take care of the Banes. Ooooops. Using the existing Exult cheat functions, I can determine the location of the living Torrissio (4000, 4000) or something like that, but there seems to be no actual way to get to this place, so I guess it's a fake location stat for dead people. (Irritatingly, he's not just put in the house of the dead at the top left corner of the map...) So, basically, I need a way to teleport an NPC to a given location, which is one of the functions apparently not implemented yet in Exult. Is this on the agenda at all or are there bigger fish to fry still?

Again, I'm astounded at the quality of this work, and once absolutely everything is squared away you can bet I'm going to blow a couple years of my life building the Ultima 9 "that should have been" with ES. ;)

Cheers,

Addison Godel (Volatios Dragon, UDIC)
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Cheat Implementation (Stuck on Torrissio)

Post by Dominus »

1. The house of dead does not function in the way it did in the original.
2. Once an NPC is dead it isn't found on the map anymore
3. So you can't teleport there (even if we had that function)
4. You'd need him to be resurrected...

So, I think you need to load an earlier savegame.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

oh and isn'T all you need from him the spell to make Soul Gems? That you can cheat with the Archwizard cheat.
(hmm, you might need him to set a flag so Ducio has the option to talk about the gems...)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Volatios Dragon

You definitely need him to set the flag, so the archwizard cheat (which I'd prefer to avoid using anyway) won't work. I don't have an earlier savegame, so that's out. Looks like I'm up a creek.

What I was hoping for was a cheat to set the location of the NPC. Under the NPC hacker there does seem to be an option to click the apostrophe key to teleport the NPC, but it doesn't do anything. If I could just change his coordinates from the bogus 4000 position to a real location then I'd be back in business and the last couple weeks spent on SI wouldn't be a complete waste.

(Well, some would argue that any two-week period devoted in any part large or small to re-playing a game one beat the better part of a decade ago would be a waste, but hey, they're just silly. ;) )

Cheers,

Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

Is there a cheat implemented to create items? If so, you could use Archwizard and just cheat-create the needed soul gems.

Neutronium Dragon
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

yes, create item works.
There is no way you can change the coordinates of Torrissio. That "location" off the map doesn't exist. These coordinates are just Exult's way of telling you he's dead.
--
Read the Rules!
WishStone Dragon (not logged)

Post by WishStone Dragon (not logged) »

Well, I had to re-load and re-play when I stupidly killed the man (also due to the damn wand, I should have understood the spell "Tremmor" or "Quake" or what is was, sooner).

Seeing you use the cheats (possibly hack mover and so on as well?) that SHOULD be done in a matter of hours to get back to this point, no matter where you where in the beginning ;]
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

Dominus: re. 3. So you can't teleport there (even if we had that function)

Teleporting to an NPC works fine. (Except when he's at (4095,4095), obviously :-) )
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

oops
We don't have teleport to loaction, right?
--
Read the Rules!
Volatios Dragon

Wow, okay. I guess that's it for Serpent Isle. It'll take a while for this to sink in - I really can't believe death is a completely final condition in this game! ;) I mean, it seems like it should be a simple "Dead? Yes/no" kind of flag, but I don't know anything about Exult so I'll just give up with dignity. Thanks for the answers and again thanks to all Exult creators for the amazing, amazing job done on this thing.

Cheers,

Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

well if someone (wjp?) could telly you the flag for this ducio conversation to appear I guess Archwizard would be fine too. after all you are willing to cheat anyway...
--
Read the Rules!
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

Flag 616 controls if Ducio will make worm gems or not.

So:

F2, F, 616, S, X, X
Volatios Dragon

Using archwizard and setting the flag seems to have gotten me through. THanks! A bummer that I have to use archwizard, but, so it goes.

Cheers,
Addison
Achile dragon

Post by Achile dragon »

That make me think when I search anywhere Karnax without have killing him and it send me at some strange coordonate.

Maybe it's their schedule who been mixed-up
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

A bummer that I have to use archwizard, but, so it goes.
after having killed npcs you are not supposed to kill that is just the way it is.

Achile: I can't understand what you mean...
--
Read the Rules!
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

Instead of using ArchMage, you can create the scroll. The shape browser doesn't let you set the quality, but you can add a custom key binding that does: add the following line to your "sidefaultkeys.txt" file:

Shift-Ctrl-1 create_item 715 0 1 27 # Create "Create Soul Prism" scroll

Then, open Exult and press Shift-Crtl-1 to create the scroll; you can remove the binding later.
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
Achile dragon

Post by Achile dragon »

Well when i don't use the gate and f3 teleport to monk isle, Karnax, Thoxa aren't found anywhere. The same thing happen when I finish the silver seed. Karnax litteraly disapears from the map and when i check his schedule with f2 it gave me some strange coordonate (4000, 4000) I think and when i teleport there I was in skullcrusher.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

oh, well, then don't cheat. Especially the first time trip to monk isle is important and also getting on/off SilverSeed shouldn't be done with cheating...
--
Read the Rules!