What exactly is in a GOG game??

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
monotremata

What exactly is in a GOG game??

Post by monotremata »

I just had GOG Galaxy install good old Curse of the Azure Bonds, now that I know where to copy save game files inside it from my DOSBox setup.. And I noticed the file size on it is huge! I went and checked the freebie Ultima 4 they have, its 84MB??? My whole D-Fend Reloaded VirtualHD folder is only 900MB and thats including the 'big stuff' like a crap ton of Sierra games, Shannara, and the entire Ultimate Might And Magic collection. The whole Ultima Collection is only 88MB, Ultima IV by itself is only 1.1MB. Curse Of The Azure Bonds is only 1.3MB. DOSBox for the Mac is only like 6MB. What the heck makes those so big??? And how is big bad Ultima 7 Complete 20MB smaller than little old Ultima 4 hah?
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: What exactly is in a GOG game??

Post by Dominus »

Look at the description of the games in your folder on gog.com. A lot of extras, including scans of the official clue books etc. In case of SI, docs of the cut plot I think...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
monotremata

Post by monotremata »

Ooooooooh cool!!! Took a sec to find them but they're inside the .boxer package inside the apps Resources folder hehe. Well hell I guess I can delete all the extras then! I always download those separately and have a huge folder of all the cluebooks, manuals and everything they give you with the game. Yay free space! I gotta go check the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition apps now!

BTW - Just built the latest DOSBox SVN this morning, is that you that made the dosbox-macbuild script that packages it up as an app?? That thing worked great haha!
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!
monotremata

Post by monotremata »

Yep awesome both Baldur's Gates and Icewind Dale Enhanced Editions have it all too!
Morbius Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-
Since 1992!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I do provide current snapshots of Dosbox source at https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbrf5elbcu66k ... t.dmg?dl=0
One build script that is around is based on the script I am using but I think there are two available.
If you use my Dosbox built, be aware that it is a universal binary for PPC, intel 32- and intel 64-bit. 64-bit is the default now to make sure that people find possible problems.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!