Crowley

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Drew

Crowley

Post by Drew »

I'm in the process of finishing up a pretty major mod for BG. The last thing that I am looking to do is add the option for Gorn to join the Avatar's party. I saw in another thread that you have already done this and I was hoping that you might be willing to share your work with me? Please PM me when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Drew
Knight Captain

Re: Crowley

Post by Knight Captain »

I'd love for there to be an artwork section on downloads. I've got my own handful of things like the different color bears and a green-and-white Caladin ready for use, as well as a Ophidian female solider.
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

An artwork section would be amazing. I like adding in diversity into this and also made a few new creatures, mainly a knight on a horse and an attacking chest "mimic", but would love having access to more.
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

Donfrow, that sounds awesome! That was a method I had thought about using for horses in the u6 mod - shape with avatar riding the horse and being able to dbl click horses to ride them like the original. How did your shape turn out in game?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultima 6 Mod for Exult site: http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

I think it turned out alright but I didn't make it overly complex. I didn't make use of any rider weapons nor is it armored or anything like that. It's essentially the regular old horse attack animation with the paladin NPC sitting on it. I did make a mistake in terms of the size of the shape when I made so barks are a bit far from the unit. If you take a look at my mod it's NPC 501.

I only used it for that single NPC though; when you kill the NPC tthe corpse is set to the regular horse corpse and another NPC is teleported onto the corpse to simulate the rider no longer being on the horse. I'm sure it could be generically done as well for eggs and such with usecode on the shape if someone wanted to use it for something more.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

How did you code the dismount?
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

I'm not sure if I would call it a dismount as the way I used it was the dismount only happened when it died. On event == DEATH I teleported a different NPC to the location of the first NPC's corpse.

In my case, NPC 501 was the horse rider on the horse and on event == DEATH NPC 500 was teleported there to simulate him being off the horse.
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

Nice! You could probably do a dismount code by having an object to double click maybe, like make a saddle shape then double click it in your pack to dismount, change avatar's shape to default and create a horse to make it look like the one you just dismounted
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

It's something I never really thought about personally since I was only intending to use it as a non-avatar NPC. If you wanted the avatar to ride it, you could probably make it so a double click on a horse allows the mount if you're close enough and then like you said have some object that you click to dismount (given that clicking avatar shape simply brings up the inventory).

One thing I've had an issue with in my new mod was changing the avatars shape. I tried to make it so the avatar would change into a chicken, a cat, a dog, etc for a short time but it would never stick once the avatar started to move. I know their was a thread at some point about changing the avatars shape and some issues with it, but I never looked into it further as I didn't have a need. If I'm remembering this thread correctly that could be an issue with making the avatar ride a horse if the new avatar shape doesn't remain.
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

One possible idea would be change the "naked Avatar shape" with the new horse riding avatar shape. Then you could mark and clear the "naked" flag and it will change the Avatar back and forth. I know you can set it in usecode and change the Avatar's shape that way so I don' t see why you couldn't do it.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

Is there any code to change the winged gargoyle into the flying version?
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

You could polymorph a gargoyle npc to the flying version in the code if you really wanted to.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

Indeed. But doth thou know if the original code hath such use?
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

Good question.. my guess is that they were supposed to be flying enemies you might encounter on the sea or like the hostile gargoyles you'd encounter here and there
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Oh, hello! My, this makes me feel important. Life things distracted me from modding, but I am still trudging onwards there. I also approve of the idea of creating some kind of custom artwork repository.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

Hey Crowley, can you share your Gorn head art?

I've been helping Drew on the Usecode side, and he's pretty close to finishing this milestone.
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Yeah, he emailed me and that's all taken care of.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Maybe you can set up an Exult category on DeviantArt or something like that. I fear our hosting is limited or rather we'd need to invest time, knowledge into building a system to offer upload and hosting of the files. I don't think that will happen because I have the time mostly, but no knowledge of stuff like this and the others have mostly no time...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

Or you could just email them to me, and I could make a single updated zip file occasionally? Or even add them to main repo?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Or you or we start a new repo in our Exult github for the art files and grant different people access. I think that could work.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!