White Wand in SI

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Knight Captain

White Wand in SI

Post by Knight Captain »

I was poking around with the Erstam cheat area, and found the white wand there, shape 476. If doubleclicked, it can be used on some other objects to lift them by setting the Z level of that shape. It doesn't have a lower function, and can be used on itself.

Maybe this was a tool for the map designers to speed placement of objects? Or intended to be used for the long-removed move-the-boulder subquest?
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: White Wand in SI

Post by Dominus »

Cool, where exactly did you find that?

I don't know anything about move-the-boulder subquest but that sounds like it could be the reason for this wand.

I don't think it was used for map building, as it wouldn't be practical. imagine you would need to use an in game object to build anything.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

@Dominus: It's located on that "Cheaters never win" island with lots of TNT and pretty ladies; teleporter is on a stump near Stefano's old house.

It's highly likely that this item (and its associated quest?) was cut from the game. They probably forgot to remove it from the cheat room. Or they didn't care, since no one was supposed to find that room anyway. :)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Need to try this ;)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

It has a check for the weight of the target item, and will do nothing if the weight is too high.
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

Wow I remember that. Was it a wand for theiving, or am I thinking of the Philanderer's friend (which was supposed to "lift" something else lol). I think i remember lifting keys with it but never knew youc ould lift much else
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultima 6 Mod for Exult site: http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/
Dale

Post by Dale »

I also remember this item...

What's the story behind this boulder quest? I don't remember ever coming across that while digging around on the webz.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

It is one of the global flags, "movedboulder" that gives us a hint of it. It matches up with a very early version of the Monnitor plot where various Quests of Courage were planned rather than one Knight's Test.
Lavacopter

Post by Lavacopter »

You can actually get the wand legit at the Temple of Enthusiasm, in the chest at the end of the red and black hall.

Also, $move_boulder is checked in Devra's dialogue in the beta, they were going to have her make you do chores if you couldn't afford to stay at the inn.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

How did you match that flag with her code? I'd love to really investigate it.
Lavacopter

Post by Lavacopter »

Just load the disassembled usecode into your text editor of choice and use Ctrl-F (or whatever your search function is, idk if it's different in non Windows programs) to search inside the document. Just search for the name without the $ symbol in the beta's code, by the flags hex number in the other games.