New / current mods in progress?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Dale

New / current mods in progress?

Post by Dale »

So what's the latest in the community? I see some mod discussions from people... just curious for an update. I think I made a thread like this a year ago, but things change. Seems to be a slight bump in activity again...
Knight Captain

Re: New / current mods in progress?

Post by Knight Captain »

I've been trying to bulk modify exported shapes using ImageMagick:
https://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-s ... 64#p134464

With a color-for-color swap script I have created a yellow version of SI's snow leopard for use in non-frozen areas. The game has two bears and two wolves for the north and south, so why not?

I can get the images back into Exult Studio but cannot get them to drag-and-drop into the game world. How do I define default monster settings?

Aside from the trouble getting ImageMagick to play nicely with palettes, I'm also losing the PNG offsets (origin settings in Exult Studio) somewhere along the way. It might be opening images in Gimp and ignoring the offset prevents them from being written when resaving the file.
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

I am still working on my own mods. One of those is a bundle of things including recruitable Gorn, bringing back Beh Lem as an adult and Blackthorn's castle. The other mod is somewhat bigger in scope and I shall still remain tight-lipped about what it exactly is all about.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Sounds cool, Knight. Wish I could help you, but I brick walled on all my mod attempts.

Crowley, I am still looking massively forward to those. I hope one day we can just have a build that incorporates all these great little add-ons.
Why you gotta tease with the other project!?
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

Dale, did you make any edited or custom artwork you can share?
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

I did already work out adding Marzo's keyring to my own mod, so there's that.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Knight.. I did, but I wouldn't make any claims about it being anything special. The mod I was hoping to make was based around the idea of adding more interesting magic items into the game. I was going to create a quest around it, but I really just couldn't quite figure out Exult well enough. That said.. a mediocre custom piece IS all I have. It looked like this:

This is a link to the mod I had been working on and the constant crying for help I did:
viewtopic.php?p=652979#p652979

Crowley.. I am beyond excited to see what you are working on. Super cool. I may end up diving back in and harassing you for suggestions and help at some point!
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

That's an ominous blade.

I'm having trouble too with the learning curve, in part because I'm not a programmer so Usecode C isn't easy for me to soak up. There's a tremendous amount of knowledge between the U7Wizard's stuff, everything from the Exult team, the forums, and uncompiled and decompiled Usecode, but it's floating around rather than centralised. Picking up another Cisco certification would be easier.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Yeah.. that was my issue too. It is all very hodgepodge out there. My thread is actually worth following from a clueless to _____ (wherever I dead-ended) tutorial. That why I actually had plans to do a step-by-step when I finished.. try to mash a beginners guide together in one nice place.
I do have programming experience, but I just got frustrated by the things that I wasn't understanding, I guess. In retrospect, it probably wasn't actually that complicated... but at the time I was frustrated because I didn't understand the difference between editing the map within a game vs. editing your own 'mod' map. Maybe it was the terminology that threw me off.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Any news out there about the Ultima 6 remake? That was looking so good, but I haven't heard anything in a while.
Pegbyter

Post by Pegbyter »

Hiya Dale. AgentOrangeGuy and Myself are working on the Exult Ultima 6 mod. Progress is being made and currently we're pushing to get it done hopefully within the next few months.
Dale.

Post by Dale. »

Woah! That is outstanding news! Been hoping it wasn't dropped. You should post some progress.. Please.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

Or if you need any beta testers.
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

That's great news! Do you still need text for books? I wrote something that I intended to send but never finished.