Moonshade items doubling

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Xenic

Moonshade items doubling

Post by Xenic »

This has to do with the Freedom dungeon, when I first went through it my confiscated stuff was missing, so I searched the forums found my answer and dl the newest snapshot, then went through Freedom again. When I made it back to the cell there was the chest with all my beautiful stuff, but I noticed there was two of everything in the surrounding area, like for example I click on one door it opens but there is another door, it duplicated all objects in the surrounding area. Is there anyway to fix this? I am running XP and exult is 1.1beta2 with the latest snapshot 10/1/03.
Warder

Re: Moonshade items doubling

Post by Warder »

Happened to me a -lot-, especially in the dungeons.
Xenic

Post by Xenic »

Were you able to fix it Warder? Or did you just keep on playing?
Warder

Post by Warder »

I never did figure out what happened... I guessed maybe eggs caused it? But yeah, I used the hackmover when I had to to move the extra items, then kept playing.
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

Just wait for beta3 which should be coming out in the next day or 2 and the problem and others will be fixed. Until then, it would not be recommended that you play with beta2
esw

Post by esw »

Hah.. I went through the exact same thing! It happened to me once in the knights test, too, there was duplicaes of all my stuf.

I''m worried though, I just got to shamino's castle, and I hope my game isn't messed up in some subtle way. Oh well, I'll find out I guess. The urge to continue playing is too great :)
Xenic

Post by Xenic »

Thanks for the help guys, I will just wait for beta3, it will be a long wait though this is my first time playing SI, just beat BG last week really want to finish it and move onto Ultima 8, then Ultima9 (have yet to play U9 with the final patches).
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

beta3 should be this weekend, btw, if we don't find yet another showstopper :-)
Darke
Site Admin

Post by Darke »

... and if sf.net server's don't go down.

Darke
(It seems either the servers die, or we find a critical bug with each release. *grin*)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

(or both)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!